Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 update breaks the connection with bluetooth 5.0 earpods

Tony-TBB
Visitor

Android 10 update breaks the connection with bluetooth 5.0 earpods

I've started to use FIIL T1 X for about 3 months ago. Yesterday I installed the android 10 update (Hong Kong version), and T1 X was not able to connect since then.

I tried to factory reset the phone and it didn't help.

T1 X could connect to my laptop, and WI-C600N (Bluetooth 4.2) could connect to Xperia 1, so I assume only bluetooth 5.0 devices have such an issue.

BTW

How could Sony not give any decent backup solution?

And why the phone reminds me to install Xperia companion while the functions are abandoned anyway?

I also had the issue that recent apps interface was not able to open in third part launchers, this was solved by a factory reset.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you check the website of the earbuds if there's a mention of connection problems?

Maybe it's general for those earbuds and Android 10 or BT 5.

Xperia1broken
Visitor

I too have the issue where I can no longer connect to my Bluetooth 5.0 earphones, despite the fact they connect fine with my laptop and partners phone. I have also tried all the steps on the internet to troubleshoot to no avail. How do I move this forward  Sony? I'm not interested in buying and trying various alternative headphones, I need these to work as they did before the update!

PrinceLZE
Visitor

I may have figured out a solution guys.
I'm LZE.
I'll be posting the tutorial on XDA once I've tested everything.

Chipy
Visitor

Hi PrinceLZE,

thanks for your reply.

I'm really suffering here. 😕

Please let us know as soon as possible what you've found out.

PrinceLZE
Visitor

After trial and error, I've fixed Bluetooth on my device.

3rd party wireless earbuds work flawlessly and I am on Android 10, fully updated.

The only problem is, my solution requires use of Flashtool and factory resetting, downgrading and then upgrading again.

In addition to that, I would suggest NOT updating through OTA until Sony can confirm that the issues revolving around BT has been resolved.
(That refers to any future udpates)

If you are still interested in the fix, please email me your Discord username so I can invite you the server where I will post the fix, XDA will not let me add pictures to due being a new member.

Email me  and I will respond ASAP.
Thanks guys.

FurtivePygmy
Visitor

I am also seeing these issues, any word on when this will be fixed? Just bought a new pair of headphones and they don't work with my phone. They work fine on any other phone though and the issues are the same as described earlier, I can find the device just fine but after I click to pair it it just keeps spinning, eventually timing out claiming "No communication to device".