Join now - be part of our community!

Android11: strange behavior back button when hit off-center

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

Android11: strange behavior back button when hit off-center

Ever since the Android11 upgrade on the Xperia 1, I experience a bug with the back button. If you do not hit it bang in the center, it will not go back. Instead, it goes into a sort of recent apps mode where you can scroll between the recent apps. It is not handy at all, because obviously, when you press the back button, you want it to go back to the previous screen.

You can see the weird behavior when you press the back button left of the center.

I hope this can be fixed, because it is annoying...

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Be brave and enter the world of gesture navigation.

Once you've mastered it you won't ever long to the old days of 3-button navigation.

Settings -> system -> gestures -> System navigation

Instellingen -> systeem -> gebaren -> systeemnavigatie

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

I probably would get used to it. My concern is that I need to teach my mother gesture control when I pass on this phone to her after I have purchased the mark III.

Can you reproduce this issue @Strampke?

Use the two button navigation, and hit the back button on the far left, as in the screenshot below. 

Screenshot_20210503-071805-01.jpeg

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Same area here.

Tbh I don't see an issue in it.

Screenshot_20210503-084736.png

 However, you can play with display size to enlarge the sensitive area vertically.

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

You do not experience the behavior I described? The area of the back button is not my concern. It is how it reacts when you click the back button on the far left, as in my screenshot. This did not occur in Android10.

If you do not experience it, I might need to do a clean install. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Interesting!

I never noticed it before.

A nice enhancement as far as I can see.

Indeed it shows all recent sites I visited, scrollable.

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

Thanks for your time and confirmation. Although it might look nice at first, in my experience it is not such a handy feature. If I wanted to see te recent apps, then I would swipe up. When I want to go back, and instead of going back it shows recent apps, I need another two clicks to actually go back.