Join now - be part of our community!

App icons burned into screen

SOLVED
Calzah
Visitor

App icons burned into screen

sketch-1581425273102.png

Is there any possible way how to get rid of them? Extremely frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

Suggestions I've seen are either turn your phone off for a few hours or run a pure white screensaver for a few hours.

Must say I've never seen screen burn happen on a phone. I suspect your screen must have been left on for a long time for it to do that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

Suggestions I've seen are either turn your phone off for a few hours or run a pure white screensaver for a few hours.

Must say I've never seen screen burn happen on a phone. I suspect your screen must have been left on for a long time for it to do that.

Calzah
Visitor

Thats the thing, i hardly have my phone open for long period's of time. it's normally in my pocket while listening to music. But i will try your solutions, thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

An unfortunate side effect of Oled technology.

If the display shows a static image for extended periods often, they will burn into the display.😞

Luckily I've not seen many Xperia with burn in, unfortunately yours is one.

You can try burn in repair videos on YouTube (make them full or you'll burn the borders in too) but I've seen minimal fixing with these.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

If what the OP says is true, then I suspect the phone has been switched on in their pocket.

Adaptive brightness goes some way to stop this, as you don't need your phone on surface of the sun brightness all the time.

azzido
Enthusiast

That is why so far I am avoiding OLED TVs. On tv burn ins are even more frequent due to tv station logos, constant bottom bars on news stations and not to mention gaming with interface items always on...

Also, brightness on OLED TVs is very low. Those are the cons of OLED technology, otherwise it is ok.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@azzido2 wrote:

That is why so far I am avoiding OLED TVs. On tv burn ins are even more frequent due to tv station logos, constant bottom bars on news stations and not to mention gaming with interface items always on...

Also, brightness on OLED TVs is very low. Those are the cons of OLED technology, otherwise it is ok.

Absolutely, oled looks beautiful in stores, but at home use, I dread the thought of the kids leaving PS4 on the home screen and causing burn in, same reason I've avoided oled so far