Join now - be part of our community!

Bottom Black bar on Netflix (Xperia 1)

profile.country.GB.title
Joseph119
Explorer

Bottom Black bar on Netflix (Xperia 1)

after installing the new update, my netflix got the very disturbing bottom black bar in all videos but it does not happen on Youtube. anyone has the solution for this? Thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Joseph119 

My Netflix app shows fullscreen videos without any black bars at the bottom. What update are you referring to? Is it Netflix app update or an update to the phone software?

You can try uninstalling all Netflix updates from Apps & notifications -> See all apps -> Netflix -> tap on the 3-dots icon at the top-right corner -> Uninstall updates -> Restart your phone -> Open Google Play store and update your Netflix app again.

profile.country.GB.title
Joseph119
Explorer

It was the phone update. i tried yours but it still did not work. So it might be different issue.

Thank you anyway 

profile.country.GB.title
Joseph119
Explorer

I just found that the gesture navigation caused the issue as it remain the black bar when i rotated horizontally for watching video. Before updating, i could touch the screen to hide it but now it does not work the same way. If i switch to other types of navigation, the screen can go full without the black bar at the bottom. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Joseph119 

I'll wait for the update to land on my X1 to test that. Thanks for the observation!

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Xperia software update 55.1.A.3.107, UK sim free, running Netflix Beta, and no black bar at the bottom, and I'm using full gesture.

Does the bar still appear after disabling and enabling full gesture?

I've tried and can't get a bar to appear.

profile.country.GB.title
Joseph119
Explorer

My update is 55.1.A.3.149. it seem to disappear but only the white line at the center of black bar disappears and the black bar remains. I only find the problem on netflix, i still can go full screen on YouTube and others.