Join now - be part of our community!

Camera hanging - Xperia 1 III

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

Camera hanging - Xperia 1 III

I have been having a lot of camera errors recently and quite randomly taking pictures using the built in Photography Pro app.

Most of the times it happens when using the 70mm lens or the program auto mode but then it happened also on the basic mode now, so not sure if it matters as the below screenshots. It is really a big frustration as I have troubleshooted as below but didn't have luck.

What I have tried so far:

Clearing cache and force stopping the camera app.

Clearing cache and force stopping the photos app.

Restarting the phone.

Other info:

Firmware is v 12 (61.1.A.9.3) - although I had this on previous versions.

I am not using external memory at the moment.

Could this be related to a network problem - will the device back them up to the cloud as soon as taken?

I have done several factory resets since getting the handset to try to fix other issues without success, so I would not want to have to go through it again as I doubt it will fix it (I know I shouldn't assume this but I have not had a great experience with it so far).

Screenshot_20220602-130346[1].pngScreenshot_20220602-130417[1].pngScreenshot_20220602-131205[1].png

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Corruptedminds 

can you try to boot your device to Safe mode? just long press the power off icon check if the problem is present. if its not . then most likely it is a software problem that a software repair with Xperia Companion could fix,

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

Just to let you know I've not had that many chances of going out to play with it.

It does happen often, however not *that* often enough to say - I will put it on safe mode and check. Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

I had this happen once again during the weekend with the error 'unknown error' shown. It is so random I cannot predict when to try to replicate it. So far, the only thing in common was that I have bene outdoors all the time when this happened. Again, happened after me using a different camera mode/lens. I restart the device and it works.

profile.country.DE.title
fabha12345
New

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, not reproducible and therefore hard to debug. I already had it more than once that I had to redo a picture of someone because of the camera app was not able to save the shot 😞

I have the feeling that photography pro struggles with the autofocus or something. Will try to disable AF for a while a check if problem reoccurs. But definitely not something which I would expect from such an expensive phone.

If problem keeps on, I will probably switch to an third party camera app