Enthusiast

Cinema Pro

Hello, 

would it be possible to add below functionality?:

1. Audio recording on/off button

2. Exit button (to close the app)

3. Slow mode recording (960 fps)

I am missing those options. 

Can someone pass it internally? Maybe at least first two would be possible? 

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
azzido
Enthusiast

Hi, repeating my question since there is no answer, especially to "Exit" button. I prefer to have it instead of using regular Android navigation buttons since you need to swipe the screen to enable it. Also rumors says Google will be resigning from back button soon...

To be honest, I am under impression that Google makes every efforts to convince people to switch to Apple so they continue to degrade user experience with Android. Each iteration is worse, they already devastated volume buttons so that it controls media instead of ringtone and you have to use toggle wheel to go there and then it always makes sound when adjusting... So annoying. Now they will devastate back button. What's next???

I do not know how much I will be able to handle this before I will switch to Apple...

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

As regards the back button, if you press home, the you go back to your home page, if you swipe up, and up again, you close the app out of memory.

Whereas if you press the back button, some apps will take you back a page at a time, sometimes multiples, then the app shuts, so it makes sense to use home, and a couple of swipes to close stuff.

azzido
Enthusiast

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

As regards the back button, if you press home, the you go back to your home page, if you swipe up, and up again, you close the app out of memory.

Whereas if you press the back button, some apps will take you back a page at a time, sometimes multiples, then the app shuts, so it makes sense to use home, and a couple of swipes to close stuff.

Still thisbis not quit/close button.

Please stick to the topic.

I know what are Android navigation buttons...

Those have nothing to do with quit/back button. Especially it doesn't last long to create one in the app...maybe sony engineers require some training? 

If they doesn't know how to do this I can **bleep** them. They could also use google:

https://www.instructables.com/id/HelloWorld-With-Exit-Button-AndroidStudio/

azzido
Enthusiast

By the way I also noticed this nice animation when starting cinema app is no longer there, probably shown only when starting it for the first time or just removed. WHY sony shy???

Same applies to 21:9 multi window, when started for the first time there was nice animation and this is jo longer there.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Because you've watched the info animation/tutorial thing..

Why show it again?

so there now seems to be an issue that Sony don't show splash screens/info animations/tutorial screens before each time you open an app???

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@azzido2 wrote:

Please stick to the topic.

I was on topic...it would be up to the app developers for each "exit" button.

But surely by it's very existence, you would just press the home button which semi closes the app, but keeps it in memory, so that you could open it quicker next time.

As any unused memory is wasted.

Surely you want your apps to open fast and be ready.

But for just now, across the board, you have the navigation/home buttons.

azzido
Enthusiast

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

Because you've watched the info animation/tutorial thing..

Why show it again?

so there now seems to be an issue that Sony don't show splash screens/info animations/tutorial screens before each time you open an app???

Well I undrrstand the tutorial is jot shown ahain, but I joped for the nice initialization animations to still stay when opening app. It was maybe 2 secinds animation, not that long. They vould just hide the tutorial if no longer needed. Also, is it possible to run this tutorial again from the app?

Same apply to 21:9 multi window app  animation. 

Thank you for the responses.

jeoleo7
Visitor

Exactly and it would be really nice if there was option to rename the project while saving.

Right now the project needs to be saved in the date format.

A Rename function would be really appriciated while saving.

Thanks in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

You can name a project whatever you want when you open a new project, and you can rename it afterward. Cinema Pro is no longer locked to saving in date format since the Android 10 update.

Incidentally, you can also access the tutorial at any time by pressing the Project Menu and scrolling to the bottom of the list.