Join now - be part of our community!

Common Problems I found in Xperia 1

SOLVED
kelvinyang
Visitor

Common Problems I found in Xperia 1

I used sony phones, ps, speakers and headphones for many years. Xperia always my first choices to update the phone.From the xperia Ultra 5 years ago, I tried nearly every generation of the flagship xperia. For this xperia 1, to be honest, it has been a great progress. But as I saw some of the complains here and in Chinese, Hongkong Forum, as a conclusion till now:

Mostly Dysfunction part:

1. Fingerprint. My xperia 1 fingerprint has big problems after 15 days of use from purchaged. The surface seems to be seperate from the inside layer show the gray color.First 1 week, just showed the symptom like low rate of successful recognize fingers. The next week, the failure went further and finally dead. In the test mode of xperia, it said the sensor is not OK.  And at least totally 10 times complaint here or in other  forum, said problems of it.  Some of them might be the method of use it such as wet finger, dirt or software, but I believe most of them are the hardware problems. 

2. Waterproof: I tested the air pressure sensor. The reader showed some increased, like from 1008 to 1015 when I squeezed the screen and back glass. But the reader come back very fast, what means that process will **bleep** water into the phone from the gaps.  I compared that speed with old XZ3 and XZ premium, much slower at these 2 models. It show the real waterproof ability is weakened. Especially after you play a long time game or shoot 4k videos, that cause the phone very hot, as well as the air in it. IF you put your phone this time in to the water, the cooling of the air might cause the negative airpressure, cause the water leaking. 

3. SD card compatitible problems.

4. Weak of the flash light, it should be the weakest since I used the smart phone.

Here are most common issue I found in this phone. Welcome to make some supplement on these.

BTW, the 4k OLD module seems linked with fingerprinter sensor, when I sent the phone to service center to fix the fingerprint, they change the screen as well. ;-), when your screen is scratched or damage, please pray your fingerprint has problems and the service center I think they have to change them in the same time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

That teardown video stops before the screen removal as well.

At the last point where he turns the phone round, you can see the sensor is still in the frame, so the screen has to come off, and then access to the sensor.

They might have just replaced the whole front/frame of the phone, but nicked the rear glass panel, causing the "dot".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You HAVE to remove the screen, to gain access to remove the Xperia 1 fingerprint sensor, and I would guess if the adhesive comes away, they would replace the screen, to keep the seals intact.

The two units are seperate, but the screen has to be removed to get in to the underside of the frame, to get to the sensor to remove it.

kelvinyang
Visitor

Acutally, I found a small scratch on the inside of back glass. The white paint has a small dot after the repair. I assumed they took away the back screen as well. And I saw the video of to disassemble the xperia 1, back way is also accessable to fingerprinter sensor.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtJdtX7b34&t=137s

kelvinyang
Visitor

and 2 units are separated as your said for sure. Then it is still hard to understand to change the expensive screen. Maybe to remove the screen way is more easy to remove the sensor or they need to change the frame and that cause the screen to be replaced. As the sensor might be inside the frame that is impossible to take out and re-installed in.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

That teardown video stops before the screen removal as well.

At the last point where he turns the phone round, you can see the sensor is still in the frame, so the screen has to come off, and then access to the sensor.

They might have just replaced the whole front/frame of the phone, but nicked the rear glass panel, causing the "dot".