Join now - be part of our community!

Gaming/ Performance issues (Overheating)

Sambol23
Visitor

Gaming/ Performance issues (Overheating)

I've recently started gaming on my Xperia 1 using heavier games such as Asphalt 9 and COD mobile. However after playing for over 15 minutes the phone starts to seriously glitch/lag in the game, i.e. the fps count drops and it becomes unresponsive to input. Which is really annoying when playing multiplayer, it seems the Snapdragon 865 overheats and drops in performance. 

I play without the phone cover on, to try to reduce overheating but doesn't help much. I know other phones e.g. Samsung flagships have vapour chambers, I was wondering if the Xperia 1 also has any cooling as it might just be my unit that is defective. Essentially, wanted to askif anyone else faced similar issues or knows any fixes? Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Don't quote me on this as I heard this from a tech website who said he had some discvussions with a sony tech and he mentioned something about a radical redesign of the internals of the next Sony phone with a larger metal plate to disperce heat.

Usually I find out if that the phone is overheating that there is something other than the game taking up important resources and thus causing the heat. Try booting up in safe mode start the game and see if it happens then. Or do an inplace repair with xperia companion to default software ,then install that game only to test and play.

If it doenst overheat then its some software you have/had that is causing the issue.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King