Join now - be part of our community!

How do i turn off ok google?

Lakkatinneri
Visitor

How do i turn off ok google?

I am losing my nerve with this phone (Xperia 1), every time it updates the ok google service goes on again and i dont remember how to turn it off, for some reason seems to be very secret information because cant find any instructions for it and calling sony customer service is too pricy, i called in last time and the person answering spoke even worse english than me so it took long time to figure out what to do, please help and make this topic sticky somewhere

4 REPLIES 4
pressefr
Contributor

Long press center button, left blink by the button, click on face icon on top right, tab Assistant, connected devices: phone.Screenshot_20200210-061348.png

Screenshot_20200210-061440.png

Lakkatinneri
Visitor

Long press center button does nothing, but i think i found the assistant setting you were referring here and it is off allready

pressefr
Contributor

@Lakkatinneri wrote:

Long press center button does nothing, but i think i found the assistant setting you were referring here and it is off allready

Sorry, that's right. I forgot that you have to choose Google Assistant to be long press in the first place. Of course you want to get rid of it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sensination
Contributor

Go to Apps and disable system app called "OK Google enrolment". If you also want to completely disable useless Google app when you swipe right or hold the middle button, disable app called "Google".