Join now - be part of our community!

How to remove Google bar on home screen?

SOLVED
Peterpr
Visitor

How to remove Google bar on home screen?

Hi, I cannot seem te get rid of the large Google search bar on my home screen, It must be something simple I overlooked.. 

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lonewolf-noble6

On my Xperia 10 if I long press on the home screen you get some settings come up one of which is home settings   touch that and on the bottom of the settings it says show quick search box to the right of that is the switch to toggle on or off I don't know if its the same on your Xperia 1

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Long press on the bar, then drag it to the top or bottom (whichever direction that makes the bin appear)

Then release

Peterpr
Visitor

Thanks for the reply but that does not work. I can do this for any other widget but the Google bar is not movable at all.. It just stucked there at the bottom, really annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

That's odd indeed, 

Is there a setting in the home screen settings?

Peterpr
Visitor

Thanks for the reply but that does not work. I can do this for any other widget but the Google bar is not movable at all.. It just stucked there at the bottom.

Even when I disable the Google app from the startscreen options that bar is still there, really annoying..

profile.country.GB.title
Lonewolf-noble6

On my Xperia 10 if I long press on the home screen you get some settings come up one of which is home settings   touch that and on the bottom of the settings it says show quick search box to the right of that is the switch to toggle on or off I don't know if its the same on your Xperia 1

drlmiles1
Contributor

It is the same on the Xperia 1

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It is indeed "show quick search box'

Thank you