Join now - be part of our community!

I wish I could take pictures in 21:9 format with the camera

Santosjuju
Visitor

I wish I could take pictures in 21:9 format with the camera

Bonjour

J'aimerais pouvoir prendre des photos sûr l'appareil photo avec le format 21:9

Mais impossible de choisir ce mode..... ..d....!

Ce que je ne comprends pas c'est que l'appli WatsApp, Facebook et autres le permet.....

A corriger urgent.....

Merci Xperia 1 

Hello

I wish I could take pictures sure the camera with 21: 9

But impossible to choose this mode ..... ..d ....!

What I do not understand is that the app WatsApp, Facebook and others allows it .....

To correct urgent .....

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I cannot speak French, however i get the gist of what you are saying

The answer is NO at the moment the xperia 1 CANNOT take 21:9 photos even though the vastly inferior 10 and 10 + can.

You work that one out?

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
azzido
Enthusiast

Even cinema pro does it but it takes the snap in 1080p meaning it is 2MPx only and you do not have all the options standard camera is giving (including processing alghoritm). 

Agree x1 should come with this option from the beginning but suprisingly it is not there. Instead low end xperia 10 and 10 plus has this feature! Xperia 1 software treatment is very bad in this regard. It is missing more options like night mode or 4k 60fps and many bugs still there like crappy stabilisation in 4k video recording...

For now no plans to fix all of those 😕

azzido
Enthusiast

@GilgameshUK wrote:

I cannot speak French, however i get the gist of what you are saying

The answer is NO at the moment the xperia 1 CANNOT take 21:9 photos even though the vastly inferior 10 and 10 + can.

You work that one out?

This is somehow in line with Xperia 1 software treatment...indeed in this case budget x10 has better treatment. 

pressefr
Contributor

After a few updates, this still hasn't happened.

Do y'all remember when 4K was in a separate app in the Xperia Z series? I feel like that for 21:6.

Xperia 10 PlusXperia 10 Plus CameraXperia 10 Plus Camera

Xperia 1Xperia 1 CameraXperia 1 Camera