Join now - be part of our community!

Is the Photo Pro App coming to original Xperia 1?

profile.country.FR.title
arclightpsx
New

Is the Photo Pro App coming to original Xperia 1?

Hello,

Well everything is in the title!

Xperia 1 II will have the new Photo Pro app which looks awesome (see their video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EErQ7vAX6po)

Does someone know if it will be offered as well on the original Xperia 1?

Best regards,

Olivier

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Apparently it's not a release app, and is to arrive in a "future update".

As to it's prowess, they've posted samples of Xperia 1, and ii, and low light..hard to tell the difference.

And when zoomed in, the ii seems to add a few jaggies..we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm skipping this one, don't need a new phone every year.

I'm sure give it time, and the app will be made to either work, or will work on Xperia 1.

Top is Xperia 1, bottom is Xperia 1 iiSample Photo Xperia 1Sample Photo Xperia 1Sample Photo Xperia 1 iiSample Photo Xperia 1 ii

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

According to some japanese preview videos

4K VIDEO stabilisation is a million times better than the xperia 1 

but..

funnily enough at 30fps 1080 video stability is better on the original xperia 1.

You work that out?

INFORMATION FOLKS! 4K 60 FPS is ONLY accessible under Cinemapro. Under the normal at only 30fps is the maximum!

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Makes sense, I expect native raw support, if it comes, will be on the photo pro too.

I like the idea of these apps that offer a little more than "stock" controls. I love using cinema pro so will probably love using the 1ii

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Hey mate

The word from Sony on the grapevine is that Sony will get RAW support, but it will be in a future update.

I was considering the same thing, hoping that Sony will retain customers by freely upgrading their existing devices with the apps from the top tier models. I just purchased the Xperia 1, having passed on the Mark ii (a personal choice), but hoping that Sony would trickle down their technology from the top tier models, specifically the Photo Pro App. This practice by Google has kept me a Google Pixel user for four years, having neither the need to update my original Pixel XL, nor jump ship. But having switched from Verizon to Mint, along with getting a new phone number, I thought it might be a good opportunity to purchase a new device. As Sony works on a new device (Mark iii?), it would make sense to secure their customer's loyalty, by keeping the existing devices relevant through upgrades. There will always be those who purchase the latest technology within their brand of choice. Trickling down the technology, however, will keep customers like myself, who do not readily update their devices, interested, appreciative, and loyal, to the brand.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

One thing I have learned-especially after working for various tech companies LIKE Lamptron, DFI lanparty and innovation cooling IC  Diamond is that they sadly do not care about people being loyal to the brand at all. All these companies are interested in is getting new people into to purchase their product.

Sad but true

profile.country.GB.title
Hadi.bahar

I hope Sony respects last year's flagship and we can enjoy upgrading the photography system even more

Hadisonyxperia1
Tags (1)