Join now - be part of our community!

Music player on Xperia 1 ii

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Music player on Xperia 1 ii

I was wondering if other users get anything from the Graphic equaliser in the music apps settings? I find them completely unresponsive.

I can slide things up and down the scale but there are no changes in sound, likewise the fixed settings of Balanced, Warm or detailed neither move the sliders nor change the audio.

I'm using two sets of headphones both Hires compatible.

It seems with this Xperia it's Dolby Atmos on or off and the DSEE and that's it. No other options to play with like in previous Sony players.

My old Sony nwz had sound optionspoptions like Rock, Pop etc as well as Custom which opened up a graphic equaliser. As well as other options like Studio, Live, Arena in VPT which ere also in the first Xperia zx. Can't believe how basic they have made the music player now. It's terrible.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Can't say I've much to gripe about.

Using WH-1000XM3's and pairs of Venture Electronics IEM's(Biggie/Smalls).

I don't use the standard Music app, as it sounds crap, like Android audio.

I much prefer Poweramp Pro, with its own engine, sounds far superior.

You aren't trying to use the options with Atmos on are you?, or Dynamic Atmos with music, cause nothing will happen.

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Thats just it mate, its a choice of Dolby Atmos on or off. The other settings only come on if you turn DA on, when you go to Audio Settings - Dolby Atmos and turn it OFF- Advance Settings - It comes up "Dolby Atmos is turned Off".   If you turn it ON using top right power icon, the equalizer comes on but all the settings Music, Movie, Dynamic, are 0db, and the options for Intelligent Equaliser of Detailed, Warm, Balanced dont do anything. Likewise if I start sliding settings in equaliser, theres no change in audio at all.

I am considering getting a music app, but you would of thought Sony could do this one thing better than anyone.

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

Install (and use) "Headphones" and "Music Center" from Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
MARKL272
New

Did this get a solution? 
love the phone but it can be frustrating, I have noted half heartedly that the Dolby Atmos equaliser doesn’t appear to do anything but when I checked why it appears no equalisers work, not even the Sony music centre one recommended on this thread.

surely there must be a reason why. I have noted the Samsung wear equaliser will change the settings clearly when using galaxy buds. 

do I need to turn something on/off?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Why don't you try to troubleshoot the music and the equalizer and check if it will work, like the steps in this link : https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235707

profile.country.GB.title
MARKL272
New

I have tried the Sony Media player, the Dolby Atmos graphic equaliser and neither work, the equaliser in Amazon music works and I have downloaded a Bass Boost App and that works.

So it appears the issue is with the pre loaded Dolby Atmos app and it's compatibility with the Sony operation system.

Equaliser settings work perfectly with downloaded apps. But why wont the pre loaded Dolby one work?

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

I tried a few apps and tinkering but in the end i just went and bought a Sony DAP Nwa 55! Night and day difference on all my music.