Join now - be part of our community!

One Handed mode Android 12 update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

One Handed mode Android 12 update

I can't seem to apply this the way it worked before upgrading to Android 12, where you could enable one handed mode and you will operate the phone in one side and resize the screen as you need.

I only get the screen at the bottom half of the screen which is no use and does not allow you to type (keyboard will not open) so it is not really doing it's job. Any hints?

This is how it was before:

Corruptedminds_0-1647098265977.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

So, i guess that's the new look of the feature then, we're gonna have to get used to it just like getting used to the whole new android 12 :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

Hi, just a quick message to ask whether anyone has managed to replicate this problem?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ Corruptedminds,

You can try to clear cache and data and force stop for one handed mode system app and check again if it will behave with the same way

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

Thanks @EMS_MO72 Just tried to but unavailable. Perhaps this needs more work. Popping out apps works quite well though. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Are you sure that you went to the system apps part, you can go to settings> apps&notifications> see all apps> 3 dots on top corner> show system > one handed mode> storage> clear cache> clear storage>once step back> force stop.

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

That's exactly what I am doing on the video and the options are greyed out. Are you saying you can do this?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yes, this option is on all devices for any app or preinstalled feature on the phone, can you tell what's greyed out exactly?

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

It's on my video above. Clear storage and clear data are greyed out, the same as force stop. I have done 2 factory resets and this was the same both times. What handset do you have yourself that you're saying this works?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I have the Xperia 1 but it's on Android 11 not 12.

And the option of the app is there like on most of the other versions, but that's weird.

Did you try to do any troubleshooting steps on your phone?

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

OK yes so it worked very well on Android 11, that's why you don't have problems.

This is for the Android 12 'rework' and apparently it is what Google has done, see for yourself here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxlzsVvhzwU

It shouldn't be called one handed mode at all. Another feature that Sony did well on Android 11 and Android 12 took it away. It looks like Sony just approved this without testing the outcome.

Android 12 comes with a whole host of changes to the interface and functionality. One of the most useful ones is a new one-handed mode. It's really simple, and useful. Cam shows you how to use it in this video. See the best Pixel 5 deal we've found in your area*: ...