Join now - be part of our community!

Ringtone volume slightly change with the volume button

Alex_Xperia1
Visitor

Ringtone volume slightly change with the volume button

Dear all,

do you know how can I change / add the Ringtone volume control configuration to /with Music volume control?

My problem is, if I want to change the Ring Volume with the volume button I can change only the music volume, but the Ring volume I see only as small icon, where I cannot change slightly as another one (s. screenshot).

P.S.: There is Android 9 on the Xperia1

Thank you in advance

ScreenshotScreenshot

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

No, it's in the sound options, it's an Android 9 thing...

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Alex_Xperia1,

As @RottenFoxBreath said, the volume keys will only adjust the media volume in Android Pie. This is different from previous versions of Android, where ringtone volume was the default setting. There is no way to change this setting in Android Pie. However, as your picture displays, there is a toggle button for the three ringer modes just above the on-screen volume slider, which lets you turn the ringer off and on with a single tap.

I hope that answered your question! 

Alex_Xperia1
Visitor

That's really interesting!

I tested yesterday on my daughter's Huawei Y9 2019 with Android 9 and there if you click on the small toggle button the slyghtly control appears as the second control "line"nearby volume control and you can change the volume slightly. So it's possible if the vendor want to do it!

My problem is, that not always I want to have it off, but sometimes I need to change it to lower or higher and I don't want the whole office hear it if I change it in the settings.

It's pitty to see every time the Sony cannot do, but another such Huawei or Samsung can do it for their customers.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thanks @Alex_Xperia1 for the quick reply.

I understand the dilemma, but as i mentioned, there is no way to change the mapping of the hardware keys using the settings of the phone. However there might exist apps in Play Store that are able to do so. Keep in mind though that we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility wit apps made by a third party.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Alex_Xperia1
Visitor

Thank you Matin,

I tried one 3rd app from Google Play, but the smartphone became working not really properly. After deinstallation it was gut again.

So maybe you can open Wish Complaint by Sony. I don't lose the hope Sony listens to its fans Slightly_smiling_Face

Martin1
Enthusiast

No worries, @Alex_Xperia1

I will most certanly forward your input internally as user feedback! If there is anything else on your mind, please let me know! Slightly_smiling_Face