Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 1 iii not sending premium text messages

profile.country.GB.title
RobFell
Explorer

Sony Xperia 1 iii not sending premium text messages

Hi.  I recently upgraded my old sony phone to the xperia 1 iii but am not able to send premium text messages on my new phone.  The option for sending premium messages is on always allow and i have been into the EE shop who couldn't help.  They even rang EE to see if any caps or restrictions had been added to the account in upgrading but there are none.  They also did a full refresh on the account too but still not working.  I've tried the sim back in my old phone and works ok.

Any ideas???

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi RobFell,

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on the Messages app like clearing cache and data and force stop?

Also, you can try to reset preferences and check again

profile.country.GB.title
RobFell
Explorer

When I went to EE shop they tried loads of things on the app. I've also tried clearing cache and data and force stop but same. Not sure how to clear preferences though. Even EE on phone tried doing loads of things with my account but still nothing

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

To reset app preferences, got : Settings> Apps & Notifications> See all Apps> 3 dots on top> Reset preferences.

If nothing solved that issue, you will need to contact Sony I guess to check this issue for you.

profile.country.GB.title
RobFell
Explorer

Thanks for your help. That didn't work either. I'll try another EE shop or contact Sony

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @RobFell, have you tested this SIM card with any different phone? Or different SIM card on your Xperia, just to check if the issue is SIM card  related or not.

profile.country.GB.title
RobFell
Explorer

Hi. Yes as said in original post I put my sim back in old Xperia phone and works fine. It's just on this new phone. Also as said in original post the premium text option is set to allow. I've tried setting to ask permission but still nothing

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I think you need to report that to Sony to check that for you as long as the network operator couldn't help.