Join now - be part of our community!

Updates Xperia 1 in EU

profile.country.CZ.title
Jurgeneczech28
Explorer

Updates Xperia 1 in EU

Why are updates being delivered very slowly for Europe? What is the reason? Why does Sony skip CE1 and CE3 updates? Xperia 1 is a premium device and should receive updates on time no matter what the region.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Where in Europe, and when was the last update you received.

What version, when you swipe down, does it say you are on?

profile.country.CZ.title
Jurgeneczech28
Explorer

Hi, my last update its firmware 55.1.A.3.149, today released new firmware 55.1.A.8.1 for CE1 and CE3,  but there is again a new firmware with the designation 55.1.A.9.21.

A premium device that has support as a mid-range device..shame..

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Wait a minute, so you are complaining that the update that you have, that came out mid April, isn't good enough, yet there is an update for May, and also the newest being in June?

What location is CE1 and CE3?

You could try removing the sim card, and using Xperia companion to update, that sometimes works, as updates will go through the operator, and some times they are the ones to blame, due to them checking, and possibly adding their own tweaks.

profile.country.CZ.title
Jurgeneczech28
Explorer

Yes, I'm complaining that I'm getting updates late, not to mention an update to android 10, which took an incredibly long time. But I'm more interested in why the European firmware versions CE1 and CE3 are delayed and released much later than other versions. In addition, I will only receive May security patches today at the end of June, Sony is no longer good in updates, for example xiaomi and others already have June security patches.

In addition, version 55.1.A.9.21 was released today and I received the old version 55.1.A.8.1 today.

I have a phone from the free market, so update is not affected by the operator, especially when I use 2 sims. what you write about xperia companion and removing the sim card is complete nonsense, the phone never gets oriented with updates according to the embedded sim, but according to the customization version..

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

er....

1. It's not the end of June.

2. The updates do come through the operator, releases will be staggered, and you will just have to either wait, or find another way to install it.

profile.country.CZ.title
Jurgeneczech28
Explorer

Itis clear to me that it is not the end of June but I doubt that the version released yesterday will be available by the end of the month, thanks for the information I know a long time ago, I was interested in why there are delayed updates that do not affect the operator, I did not learn anything ..

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Delay may be to let networks customise it, or test it, or even discard it if they do not support the phone model.

There are some with Android 9 still, and it seems to be mostly networks in certain parts of Europe/Russia/surrounding areas.

Removing o2's sim card allowed me to update my 1 to 10, when they seemed to take an age, when the phone that was on another tariff in the same house had gotten it weeks ago, both sim free, unlocked, with no customisations.

profile.country.GB.title
GrumpyCyborg

58.0.A.0.1040

UK

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@GrumpyCyborg wrote:

58.0.A.0.1040

UK

Wrong phone...that's for the Xperia 1 ii, and this topic is about the Xperia 1, last years phone.