Join now - be part of our community!

Very bad signal on Sony Xperia 1 II

profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

Very bad signal on Sony Xperia 1 II

Hello, I would like to ask you for help. I have old HTC U11 phone and new Sony Xperia 1 II.

But I found out that with Old HTC I have much better Speed and Latency. As I work in IP, I did tests towards our loop used to measure lines, but it gives exactly same results as speedtest net.

Sony Xperia 1 II Latency - 38ms!
HTC U 11 Latency - 16 ms
Huawei Latency - 17 ms

The speed is even worse.

Signal reception about 10db less on Sony Xperia 1 II.

HTC had whole flat usable 3G, on Sony Xperia 1 II it connects but its useless. Speed measurement - unable to connect. 

LTE

HTC Speed - 68/40Mbit
Sony Xperia 1 II Speed 28/1Mbit

Do you please have the same experiences?
Or it is problem of my equipment? +20ms on such expensive phone Is really deal braker for me. 😞
I did 30 tests in many times, exactly same place. The same BTS.

Old HTC whole flat 1800 + 800 LTE. 

Xperia has problem to find 1800 even by window. But sometimes it is worse and it has even 1 signal bar on 800MHz. 100m from BTS. Really sad from such xperiences on high end phone. 

Thank you for your time

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.CZ.title
SHribek

Hello, unfortunatelly I received back phone with again not operating volte and vowifi. After that asked Sony support what to do. They said that my operator should repair it. So I asked for my colleagues to check it. They found out that volte is disabled in firmware. So asked Sony support again and again for support. They didnt replied on my 4 questions and said to send it to service again. Really bad joke. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

When you sent your device for repair the last time, did you explain specifically about these 2 options as they do not exist after the repair and that is why you are sending it back again ?

profile.country.GB.title
danyelB35

Hi, 

Unfortunately you are right and the phone may not be faulty!

I'm not an expert but I'm using  Sony for years and noticed this on many models.

I would blame the network band they are connecting to, there are places where my 1 II is very snappy and other where, in a group, I'm the only one with poor or no signal. All my friends using other manufacturers.

Let's hope  the new 1 III with SD888 would be better!