Join now - be part of our community!

Video problem with my Xperia 1 II -

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Video problem with my Xperia 1 II -

The Videos are pale and milky in the Standard app and the Camera app. The different ProApp styles make it worse. Everything looks perfect in the preview, the result are not usable. The stabilization is very weak.

Tried different ISO and shutter speeds, nothing helps.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

If I keep the smartphone i will use the standard app. The camera app is not very usable in my typical use. Always HDR and fix ISO and fix shutter leads to fix eposure and results in over or underexposure when the situation is changing. For example in a forest when filming between trees. It is like a beta software for me. Standard has no 4k60, why Sony?

Thank you for the discussion i see it is my claim and so my fault to have such expectations. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

There's a reason it's been nicknamed a phone for filmographers/videographers/film-makers, and you have discovered it.

It has one set of tools for quick everyday videos, and another for selecting the best settings and best video.

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

That's an excuse and it doesn't get better if you repeat it. Why should pros do without flexibility?

Compared with the Sony Alpha Series that is compared in advertising, you have to do without a lot.

Bad software doesn't get better by dedicating it to a target group.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Why? Have you not seen all the reviewers saying to people that you want a standard smart phone them this might no be the one for you.

They haven't been shy saying it, but basically that seems to be why.

Anyway the 4k video in the standard camera app seems quite decent.

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

I am glad about the photoPro App, why is Sony not able to make the cinemaPro App in a similar quality?

And i would have no issue when i get all the features (4K60 i.e.) in the standardApp. 

And for whom is the Xperia 1 II Pro? For the Pro under the Pros? You make me laught.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Maybe you just don't get it, and that's ok.

Me personally, It's a great phone, you just need to get to grips with it, but if you aren't into video or photography then move on and buy a samsung.

I mean, you have 2 modes persay, easy and advanced, normal and pro.

And as for the 1 Pro, it's features are similar, but the enhanced 5G enable live streaming/broadcasting in higher definition, with no lag or delay.

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

:slight_smile: perhaps i am too stupid. This reminds me of a discussion in a Volvo forum. If you do not like the software it is not the manufactor it is the user :slight_smile:

I agree, there are two modes and everything will be ok when i can use the basics like resolution framerate in both of them. These are no "Pro" features. 

And can you please explain me what is pro when in a video is not able to fix or unfix brightness? Very unflexible in the camerapro app.

By the way, i have had two S20 Ultra, first i think it had a camera mailfunction but the second had the same problem. I like the Sony more but i am not a fan of the camerapro app. And it has nothing to do with grips when a manufactor is not able to make it usable for the consumer. It has a lot to do with grips and experiance to make nice footages.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Ok, so GSM arena have comparison photos, on all 3 applications, and they seem to have managed ok.

As to your S20 issues, the camera is just plain mediocre, they even changed the tv adverts as the "space zoom" wasn't as advertised, and replaced the ad with another more realistic one which zooms in, and shows the guy in the balloon but it's all grainy and quite poor quality.

https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_1_ii-review-2115p6.php#image0

Also, for videos, and photos, this artist ( Kazushi Momoi), seems to manage just fine too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hulpGQGtx6Q

And another photographer who seems to appreciate the phone/camera.

Maybe you need to take a step back and start again with its features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hulpGQGtx6Q

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

@RottenFoxBreath 

...sometimes I have the strange feeling special reviewers get special test gear (and the hard paying crowd the mediocre gear). 

Now tell me that long - term reviewers (not the Sony one) are dumb and can get the MK2 to work proper with the so called "Photo Pro" and "Cinema Pro" Apps...apps that are so smart designed so you can't see anything with it in sunny weather, the viewfinder also seems to be so smart with it's low resolution, the zoom super - smart, simply push the desired lens, don´t ask for a fluid zoom along all 3 lenses, right?

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Good suggestion, I learned from the Xperia 1 ~(original) never to purchase right from the bat as the software was so buggy.

On the xpieria 1 the video was fine at normal 1080P but turn on HDR MODE (108-0P HDR) it used to stutter and skip[ frames like crazy not to mention that  it lost stabilisation.

Here is proof on my channel:

I filmed with the first release firmware and then almost a year later the latest release.... the difference was astounding.

Here are my findings:

As you all know on my small channel I am a true Sony fan (all their products apart from Playstation 'PC Master Race here) but i'm honest enough to find things that can be improved and point them out.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King