Join now - be part of our community!

Why is Google Photos bad on Xperia 1VI

profile.country.DE.title
jmposvip

Why is Google Photos bad on Xperia 1VI

Dear Sony Xperia Team,

Can you please make an Xperia Album app (photo/video gallery)? Please ensure that it includes an option where AI scans the photos and groups them accordingly, like photos of certain people, places, or food. Then, if I want to see all the pictures where I am present, I can select my name/face, and it shows me all the photos with me in them. This feature is available in Huawei Photos and Apple Photos apps. Please implement it.

So why is Google Photos bad?

1. It constantly reminds me/forces me to enable Google Drive photo saving, insisting on uploading all of my pictures/videos to a Google server. I do not want that! I want my pictures to stay on my phone and not on some Google server. All of my friends find it annoying; nobody wants that.

2. Because I don't want to enable Google Drive photo saving, many Google Photos features are unavailable.

3. If I allow Google Drive photo saving, then I need to pay for a subscription because I have more than 10GB of pictures/videos. I do not want another subscription. Why should I pay Google for storage when my phone has enough storage and a microSD card slot? Basically, Google gives me a partially working Google Photos app, but if I want all of the features, then I need to pay for a Google subscription.

4. Many of my friends who own Xperia phones and who are not tech-savvy have fallen into this Google trap, resulting in their pictures being uploaded to Google Drive. It is extremely complicated to delete all photos and download them from Google Drive, especially for someone who is not very good with computers and smartphones.

I really love my Xperia 1 VI, but this Google Photos app is driving me crazy—so much so that I am considering returning to Huawei just because of their great Photos app. Many of the people to whom I recommended Xperia phones have had these problems with the Google Photos app. So please, do yourself a favor and make an Xperia Album app!

Please, Sony Xperia Team, give us a really good Xperia Photo Gallery app.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @jmposvip 

Agree that the Xperia Album app was just great, and it's bad that they removed it.

But, the Google photos app is not that bad as well, it has a lot of features that you can use, you can check them from here: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220402?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

If you still didn't like, you can always go to Google Play Store and download a 3rd party album app from there that suits your requirements 

profile.country.DE.title
jmposvip

Thank you for your advice but this does not fix any of the issues. 

Regards.