Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II gets too hot when recording 4K Videos - stopp recording and shut down the App

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Xperia 1 II gets too hot when recording 4K Videos - stopp recording and shut down the App

When recording 4K video footages my Sony Xperia 1 II gets hot and after 5-7 minutes of using it stops the recording and shut down the app.

I do not use any case and it is not very hot here.

No Apps are working in the background.

Has the 1 II a temperature problem in 4K recording?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Aditional information, not only the recording makes the smartphone hot already the use of the photo app makes it hot. When the Xperia is cold, i can record longer than 7 Minutes. When the app is longer in use the recording last not very long because of the high temperature. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

You seem to be the first...

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@mamller6487 

This isn't new, nor is my answer, it's normal, if you are using multiple apps, poor network coverage, syncing multiple accounts/apps, using the camera, playing games, hot weather, etc will heat up your phone and it will close certain apps/features to prevent any physical damage. 

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

This is too easy in my mind. If you remember the 4K overheating on some Alpha 6000 and the software fix after several month, i expect here something similar. And a software that do nothing, only waiting for pushing the „rec“ button should be able to reduce the power consumption.

And in my case:

no other app was used, the task manager shows only the cameraapp

Coverage perfect, LTE and WLAN etc.

Please do not excuse a not perfect programmed app :grin:

Nevertheless it is nice that Sony is careful and shut the app down when needed.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@mamller6487 

There's something else you could test, you could 

1 boot in Safe Mode and see if you experience the same

2 turn off all radios (airplane mode) 

3 1+2

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

Is this a joke? Was the MK2 designed to be used with all functions turned off??? Common....tell such stories to kids, not to customers that paid 1200EURos for it...

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

The steps above are for testing, and who knows the OP may have a faulty phone, it does happen.

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

😀yep, all is possible.