Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii Proximity sensor sensitivity

profile.country.FR.title
mazymoozy
Explorer

Xperia 1 ii Proximity sensor sensitivity

Hi, I've some problems with the proximity sensor. Actually it works but the problem is that it is too sensitive. When I'm on a call and get the phone close to me head, the screen goes off but if my hands move just for few millimeters, then the sensor activates and the screen turns on and then again goes off, so usually the screen will be touched by my ear. Which as a result I can't keep walking and talking cause for sure the screen will get on couple of times. And if I hold the phone exactly at the same location the screen stays off. Can you please confirm if your sensor is as this sensitive? Or there is something wrong with my phone. I'm sure that on all my older Xperia phones it is not like this. 
32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.DK.title
stixix

yes - no issues there :open_mouth: - ended up buying a Mi 11 - and threw my Xperia in the drawer for backup if I'll ever need one. So far super happy leaving Sony ...

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You can try to test the fingerprint sensor while enabling the device on safe mode and check if the same thing will happen or not.

profile.country.DK.title
stixix

Does not ... Only on the phone - and I documented this to SONY - they said, this is per design - so no more SONY ....