Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III Android 12 remaining charging time bug

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Xperia 1 III Android 12 remaining charging time bug

Hello;

Just noticed a bug in the Xperia 1 III Android 12 (61.1.A.2.211 firmware) regarding the remaining charging time showed in the settings»Battery when using the charger, it almost always shows "23 minutes remaining", never showing more time, only less. I tested in two devices and they both showed the same behavior. Anybody else facing the same bug?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to restart and force restart?

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Yes, already restarted the device several times it always reports a remaining charging time of 23 minutes or less.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I recommend that you try the steps here as long as this issue started to happen after the Android 12 update.

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @EMS_MO72 ;

Thank you for your help but I don't think this steps will help because I installed Android 12 with a software repair by Xperia Companion and the issue appeared right away. I also had another Xperia 1 III with me at the time that was not updated by software repair (but by normal OTA update) that also faced the same issue. And I also asked other users on Reddit and some told me that remaining charging time ETA was also of some minutes.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ NunoSEN2,

I understand your point, but it's not really related to the way that you installed the software version with. Main idea is resetting the phone by xperia companion for example will reinstall the software version again on the phone with a high chance of fixing the bugs that appeared after installing the version at the first time.

You can give it a shot I think.