Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III fingerprint not working

hkccm2
New

Xperia 1 III fingerprint not working

The fingerprint stop working, when I try to register a new fingerprint in Fingerprint Manager, it says "fingerprint enrollment time limit reached". Then I try the Xperia Tests > Fingerprint Sensor > "negative result".

I also tried factory reset, it worked for a day, then fingerprint stop working again.

I found a workaround solution though. Goto Apps > Side Sense > Remove cache, then reboot. The fingerprint will work for a day, then stop working again.

Is it likely a software problem? 

2 REPLIES 2
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @hkccm2, yeah it seems to be a software glitch I guess. Which Android version is installed? You can also try software repair via the Xperia companion.

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

My fingerprint test was passed ok and I didn't get that error so I assume it's something to do with your reader, unless it's dirty or has been damaged on the surface.

Can you still unlock the phone though? do you also have problems registering any other finger.

What I did notice is that the fingerprint reader response has gotten worse on the last updates, it is way slower to unlock the handset so it can get quite delayed.

Tags (1)