Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 iii - No Gmail notifications

profile.country.SE.title
joakim1024

Xperia 1 iii - No Gmail notifications

I am having some issues with gmail notifications on my new Xperia 1 iii.

Sometimes i do get the notifications, but most of the times i have to manually open the gmail app to see if i have new mail...

All notifications are set to ON in the app.

I have removed all battery saving features for Gmail.

After first install (moving everything to new phone automatically) i tried factory reset and installed everything from scratch manually.

Still no banana... 😞

Someone else having this issue?

26 REPLIES 26
Piscie
Community Team

Hey all! Are you facing the same issue with any other app notification? and have you tried software repair via Xperia companion?

profile.country.US.title
akitoldn

Hello, this problem comes from Android 11 (it has also been tried to solve without success with Xperia Companion Software Repair). Now on Android 12, I already did software repair twice and with the same results. As I mentioned in the previous message, these recommendations have already been tested in different forums (XDA and Reddit) without success. Meanwhile the months go by and Sony or Google or both continue to ignore us despite the fact that the claim is made by the corresponding channels. You can read them all here: 

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/4369662/why-am-i-no-longer-receiving-or-getting-notifications...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gmail.4333159/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GMail/comments/pm9z06/no_notifications_for_new_emails_sony_xperia_1_iii/
Cheers!

profile.country.NO.title
Galleren
Explorer

I'm also having this issue still. I have actually missed out important emails from my physician and hospital due to this.

It's simply not acceptable anymore, and i will have to change to a different phone. It's a crying shame that one of the most basic features are not working on an otherwise great phone.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ Galleren,

Did you try to do clear cache and data and force stop for the app?

Also, you can try to uninstall updates for the app and check if that work?

profile.country.US.title
akitoldn

I know you are trying to help. But if you read a previous message, or any of the previous messages, all these recommendations have already been tried, along with those of Google (in its official forum) but just in case we recapitulate them AGAIN:
It has already been tried without success:

- Clear the cache and data of the app.
- Uninstall updates of the Gmail application.
- Reinstall the application.
- Repair Software with Xperia Companion.
- Do a factory reset.
- Re sync Google account.
- Put "all notifications" in Gmail options.
- Put synchronize in the Gmail options.

The same problem comes from Android 11 and now on Android 12.

Cheers, thank you!

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @akitoldn, I'd recommend reaching out to the Sony support reps directly though, any more digging in different places would just confuse things even more.

profile.country.US.title
akitoldn

Thank you Piscie for your suggestion, as you may have read in my previous messages, I have already contacted the official Sony support (no solution yet). Cheers