Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 IV Android 13 missing notifications

profile.country.NL.title
Qwert9000
New

Xperia 1 IV Android 13 missing notifications

A couple of weeks ago my Xperia 1 IV updated to Android 13 (build number 64.1.A.0.851). Since this update I experience issues with missing notifications. What I experience is as follows.

1. I have some notifications available.

2. I lock my phone.

3. I unlock my phone.

4. Now all notifications have disappeared.

5. All notifications come back the moment a new one is generated by an app (I can force this by opening my weather app, which generates then generates a new persistant notification).

6. Behavior of missing notifications repeats when I go back to step 2.

I have not been able to figure out what causes this behavior. 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.NL.title
Qwert9000
New

A small update from my side. Running the phone in safe mode did not solve the issue, i.e., the issue of disappearing notifications persists in safe mode. Furthermore, today I installed the new update to 64.1.A.0.857, which did not solve the issue either. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Qwert9000, it sounds like a software bug I'm afraid 😞 I'd actually recommend a software repair via Xperia Companion, but make sure to create a backup first as it will erase all the data on your phone 😕

profile.country.GB.title
Fred1313
New

This problem also occurs after updating my Xperia 5 IV to Android 13. The notifications don't disappear though if I activate the notifications on my lock screen. Maybe this information helps solving the bug.

Same problem for me on the Xperia 5iv please can this be looked into and fixed as I might be missing out on important/urgent notifications. Since the update yesterday the notifications disappear after you see them once 

profile.country.NL.title
Qwert9000
New

Hi @Fred1313 Thanks for the info. I can confirm that when I swith the notification setting to show notifications on the lock screen, the notifications no longer disappear once you unlock the phone. Then, reverting that option back to showing no notifications on the lock screen triggers the missing notification problem again.

Therefore, my suspicion is that this option has some unintended side effects either directly in the core of Android 13 or in Sony's modified version of it that finally appears on our phone.

Piscie
Community Team

@Qwert9000, It sounds pretty much as a software bug actually, have you managed to do the software repair? 

profile.country.NL.title
Qwert9000
New

@Piscie Thanks for thinking with me. I'm currently depending on my phone for a governmental two-factor authentication app. Therefore, I'm not willing to reset my phone until I receive a physical backup for that, as a reset would also mean losing all personal information currently on my phone.

zinkn01
New

I have the same problem and yes it started with that update. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @zinkn01, it sounds like a bug with Android 13, I believe a software repair would sort this out.