Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 IV overheating

profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

Xperia 1 IV overheating

Hi!

Now I seen many responses about overheating when using camera app and videopro apps. 

For ex here https://www.realmicentral.com/2022/06/07/does-the-sony-xperia-1-iv-have-overheating-problems/ 

And a few videos on youtube for ex this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-yzaGm8Xo&t=615s

Ive seen a lot of people on Reddit to that has the problem. Is this something you guys are looking into?

I have a IV and im not sure now if I want to keep it if I cannot use the camera.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Sugarplum182
Explorer

In excatally the same boat here! Such a shame love the feel of the phone when can hold it because it's not too hot 🤣🔥

I got onto live chat and raised this issue they said "you'll hear back in 48 hours from the relevant team...."

72 hours later and still nothing.

Such a shame. Still witin the 14 day return period so I'm giving till this weekend for at least a "we are aware and a fix will be coming xyz" email. Otherwise I'll be looking to return it and go for a Samsung I stead I guess.

Come on Sony at least give us some news.

profile.country.SE.title
Janne303
profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

Thanks for sharing this info. I won't be getting it then. I guess it was just a matter of time :tongue:

Latest snapdragons are quite tough really, however if heat dissipation is still bad I wouldn't mind sacrificing some power for a cooler device with a lower end chip. For my usage that would be acceptable without the need to max out the cpu and gpu. Qualcom has done improvements on otheir last gen chip to avoid heating issues with the implementation of further throttling I believe. However you're getting a 4nm chip compared to the 5nm 888, which doesn't really help a lot.

It may sound harsh, but actually I may end up holding on before buying Sony's for while based on my experience so far with the 1 III.

profile.country.SE.title
Janne303
SantaC
New

Same problem here. No support from sony expect for a generic turn your phone off and use it after it's cooled down solution. Useless! Sony, if you are reading this, get to work and give us a solution. It's a pity to make a great phone that can't be used at all! Funnily, the bad review I wrote for the phone was buried. Unlike all the other reviews for the camera and lenses I've wrote, I'm not able to find this one anywhere on sonys website! 

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
Promet73
Explorer

Same problems here. Video apps nearly unusable, they overheat the device in seconds.

Quite disappointed with the device honestly. Also the "external monitor" app overheats badly both the camera (Alpha 7iv) and the Xperia 1 iv. Considering returning the device if it doesn't get solved.

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

It's what usually happens with Sony and it's been the same for at least 10 years.

From my experience:

They don't' take critisism that well, if there is something not working right 'out the box' then the reply you get is 'the device is working as it's been designed to' - basically stating there is notihng wrong with it as it's working the way it's been manufactured. It is also likely that anything you state in reviews will get deleted (obviously if you're being mean and rude).

They will make every possible effort in refusing refunds and returns with the same old answer (quoted from my email): 'With reference to your valuable feedback, we can confirm that we offered service upon the advise of our engineers on your case, after investigation.
We highly appreciate your feedback, however, as a technical line support we do not offer replacements from our end. As stated in our terms and conditions, we provide 2 years of warranty coverage with our phones, and offer service whenever needed.
Therefore, we advise to proceed with the service and we are assuring that our engineers will take good care of your mobile phone and will recitfy the issue.'

At this point I was mad, despite having started my support requests on the 28/02/22 all the way up to teh first week of April as they're basically brushing you away to avoid refunds even when I advised I was looking to resolve the issue to provide a review that doesn't sound too negative.

profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

this guy solved it... Haha https://youtu.be/EpAPexYPsZ0

This phone cooler will help keep your phone from overheating, and it's only $25! Extend recording time on VLOGs, gaming, video recording, and protect your phone! https://amzn.to/3zWJ6uT (affiliate link) #phonecooler #tech #review #sony #xperia1IV #cooltech #shorts #ytshorts
profile.country.SE.title
Janne303