Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 V - no notication LED and AoD battery problem plus SUGGESTIONS for Sony

profile.country.PL.title
kkk177
New

Xperia 1 V - no notication LED and AoD battery problem plus SUGGESTIONS for Sony

Hi,

II've always loved Sony phones, including my new Xperia 1V, but I have a few complaints about the lack of a notification LED.

Unfortunately the notification LED is no longer in it. Sony, why??

The LED was super energy efficient i every Xperia I had. So in 1V I try factory AoD instead, but the battery goes down about 2 percent per hour. The real LED with the Light Manager app in the XZ1 flashed every 0.5s non-stop and it had no effect on the battery.

So I have a few suggestions as there are very few AoD options in 1V these days:

1. Sony engineers, please add the diode back to 5 V and 1 VI and future generations!

2. In future 1 V update (Android 14?), please add an option to display AoD only when certain notifications come, e.g. calls and SMS only. The rest, at least for me, doesn't matter (notifications from Google or the bank app are not that important) and AoD would only work when someone calls or writes an SMS, which would significantly reduce battery consumption. I think most 1 V users would like that as well. Now AoD is displayed even if there are no notifications and it cannot be changed.

3. Please add a factory simulation of a small LED on the screen with the ability to set the duration of lighting and breaks to extend battery life with the possibility of setting the hours of breaks in operation, e.g. at night

And now the question for the users of 1 V and other OLED phones. Do you know a good application as a replacement for the factory AoD? NotifyBuddy or aodNotify use about 3 percent of the battery per hour, even if a small dot on the screen blinks every few seconds. I don't understand it, since the screen is then black most of the time - so it shouldn't consume energy. And yet. The factory AoD works all the time and the battery goes down about 2 percent per hour, so it's a mystery to me. Maybe the factory screen on the original AoD runs at a lower frequency than with the replacement apps?

Thanks

Christopher

1 REPLY 1
Ron1988
New

I bougth many xperia phones  i like them a lot. There are only two things i dont like at xperia phones (also xperia 5 ii and iii ) . Sony purposly kills the fingerprint reader with updates. On all phones with the last updates the fingerprint reader stop working. The internet is full with that and it makes me angry. That i will report soon. And please bring back the notification Led. only that point i dont like at my  1 V. And stop that with the updates we are not stupid. If that happens to this one too ill swich to samsumg.