Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1

profile.country.GB.title
Marquez93
Explorer

Xperia 1

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to set my Xperia 1 to display the correct Device Name (the one I have saved in Settings)? 

The screen is displaying "Xperia XZ" which was the device name in my old phone - For some reason the new device isn't displaying the new name I've saved in the phone. I don't understand what else I can do if I have already changed it in the device settings and it's still wrong.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

Could you send a photo clarifying more about you mean to be able to advise?

profile.country.GB.title
Marquez93
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I don't know how to upload photos here. However, to clarify my issue:

I have gone into Settings on my Sony Xperia 1 to save the device name as "Xperia 1". However, phone is displaying "Xperia XZ" which was the device name of my old phone. I would like to know how I can ensure the device displays the correct, current name that has been saved.

Thank you 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marquez93 if you go to settings - about phone, device name, there you should be able to change it. Unless it is some blocked feature from your operator, however XZ instead of 1 should not show up if you have the correct device.

alexdon
Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Marquez93
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is the route I took but for some reason the display on the phone says 'XZ' and the device name in Settings displays 'xperia 1'. This is what I would like to correct.

Rgds 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Marquez93 could you please provide a screenshot of where it says XZ?

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Marquez93
Explorer

Hi, I hope this works as not uploaded pics previously - this should demonstrate where the phone has saved the device name as Sony Xperia XZScreenshot_20210707-094401.png

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to change the screen lock saver? maybe it is a customized one for Xperia XZ

profile.country.GB.title
Marquez93
Explorer

I hadn't, no (I didn't realise this was a separate function to that of setting a device name). 

Just tried it now and it seems to have worked - Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You are most welcome, enjoy your phone :grin: