Join now - be part of our community!

Aspect Ratio for snapchat

Cowcton
Visitor

Aspect Ratio for snapchat

Snapchat is often used by me. But after changing the phone to xperia 10 plus, the aspect ratio is 21:9, I just not in 13MP for the photos in sjaochat, can we at least cyange to 16:9 as usual for some apps?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Cowcton 

wait, I thought that the Xperia 10 was going to be released on March 18th, then I realized that it's available in the UK, back to your question isn't the aspect ratio on snapchat it's up to the app devs ?

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@CowctonI don't think that's possible, Snapchat is taking photos in the phone's aspect ratio (since it's actually taking a screenshot of the phone's viewfinder instead of snapping an actual photo) and there's no way to change that. Your best bet would be to send your feedback to Snapchat's support so that they can be aware of the issue.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Cowcton, sorry for the late reply to your question!

You may experience that certain app content is displayed with unwanted cropping on your Xperia device with 21:9 display. It is not possible to avoid this by changing the display settings on the device.

Currently, some apps are able to fit 16:9 full-screen content on part of a 21:9 display. Others stretch this content to fit the vertical dimensions of the display, resulting in unwanted cropping on the sides. In some apps it is possible to switch between these modes, in others it is not possible.

I hope that answers your question!