Backup error

Hy,i have this message on xperia companion "

Backup error

This device does not support backup & restore using a computer."

Any solution?

3 REPLIES 3
DjÉire84
Visitor

Hi there sorry your having issues backing up your phone. Uninstall the program from your pc, restart, reinstall and connect device. Make sure the device screen is on and not locked and see if that works. Xperia Companion does support backups on Xperia 10.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @dragosptr, let me see if I can help out here! 

If you want to do a backup of your user data on your Xperia 10 I suggest that you do use the backup service made by Google to backup the data to Google Drive. This way you will be able to backup app data, call history, contacts, device settings, messages and so on.

In order to back up the content in your device, find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Backup > activate the slider on the top right corner > Tap "Backup now"

If you want to backup the photos and videos on your Xperia 10, the easiest way to do this is to use Google Photos, which is a pre-installed app on your phone. In order to do this, Find and open the Photo-app > Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner > Tap Settings > Backup & sync > Activate the slider next to the text "Backup & sync".

I hope that helped! Slightly_smiling_Face

DjÉire84
Visitor

The problem photo wise is Google are ending the backup photos function so it might be a better idea to install Google drive and pair it to the phone and do automatic camera roll updates or OneDrive storage.