Join now - be part of our community!

Disable camera burst mode on Xperia 10 (I3113)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

Disable camera burst mode on Xperia 10 (I3113)

Hello there, How do I disable burst mode photos? There is no option in the camera settings.
I have configured the camera to use the volume button as the shutter but I keep taking burst photos by accident. I know the button shouldn't be held down but I want to stop this happening by accident (which seems all too easy)  as I very rarely will want to take burst photos. Grateful for any help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

I contacted Sony Support about this & they said there is no way of disabling burst mode & there is no workaround. Bit of a shame. I'll close the post anyhow. Thanks for all help. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @jim1001,

on my Xperia 5 the option is to be found under the gear-icon in the default camera app. There is a toggle called "burst shooting with shutter button" - the option should be called similar on your Xpera 10.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

Thanks Nic for your reply. Unfortunately there is nothing to do with burst shooting in my phone's default camera app settings. Burst shooting also isn't mentioned in the User Manual as far as I can see. Perhaps someone with the same model (Xperia 10, I3113) can shed some light...

profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

Here are the available settings in the default camera app on the phone in case it may help

Xperia 10 Camera Settings.png

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @jim1001,

yes, seems like the option I was referring to is missing on your phone.

I will check with support.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

Thank you  @IamNic for your generous help

profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

I contacted Sony Support about this & they said there is no way of disabling burst mode & there is no workaround. Bit of a shame. I'll close the post anyhow. Thanks for all help. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @jim1001,

thanks for getting back with that info. Sad to hear, that there is no solution/workaround and Sony doesn't seem to want to implement such a feature.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @jim1001,

So, whenever you press on the volume button it takes burst shots not a single shot?

Also, can you change the option in toggle use volume keys as from shutter to another option?

profile.country.GB.title
jim1001

@EMS_MO72 wrote:

Hey @jim1001,

So, whenever you press on the volume button it takes burst shots not a single shot?

Not all the time but I have to very careful. As I said originally, it's very easy to take burst shots by accident.

@EMS_MO72 wrote:

Also, can you change the option in toggle use volume keys as from shutter to another option?

The other option is to use the on-screen shutter, but again it is very easy to take burst photos by mistake.

It's odd that burst photos aren't mentioned in the User Manual. Also it appears as though Sony have changed later Xperia 10 models to allow disabling of burst mode (see @IamNic 's earlier post).

I haven't used the camera much yet so hopefully it will become easier to avoid burst photos in the future!

Thanks for your interest.