Join now - be part of our community!

How can I set the default Home Screen on Xperia 10 III

profile.country.GB.title
ianp5a
Explorer

How can I set the default Home Screen on Xperia 10 III

I wish to press the home button and go straight to the main Home screen. Currently that takes me to Left-Most screen and I can swipe right only, to get to the others screens. I dont want to get to the left-most screen,  I wish to get to a middle home screen.

I cannot define new screens on the left side, like in previous versions.

I cannot set any other screen to be Home, like in previous versions. 

7 REPLIES 7
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @ianp5a, you can actually adjust the Side sense options by pressing Settings > Display > Advanced > Side sense. 

profile.country.GB.title
ianp5a
Explorer

I'm asking about the Home screen accessed from the Home button. How does Side sense help?

Piscie
Community Team

@ianp5a, sorry I've been mistaken. Which Android version is currently installed?

profile.country.GB.title
ianp5a
Explorer

Android 12

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ianp5a

I don't believe that this can be done actually. Most Android versions now have the main home screen at the left and then you can add extra pages on the right side. But I don't think the middle home screen option is available anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
ianp5a
Explorer

Thanks. But I can do it on my Samsung.

There are usability benefits of setting the middle screen as home. As I can reduce the number of swipes to get to any screen  I need to. This is one of several important commands that are lacking on the Sony phone making Sony a poor experience.

Piscie
Community Team

@ianp5a, hopefully it will be added to a future software update.