Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Wi-Fi connection

Ram131
Visitor

Problems with Wi-Fi connection

I have problems with the WiFi connection every day. I think this is not normal. Xperia team fix it please. 

4 REPLIES 4
magicman1
Visitor

Yes I am  having the same problema wifi keeps dropping then crashes goes of its not normal at all I think the last update broke it

@Ram131 wrote:

I have problems with the WiFi connection every day. I think this is not normal. Xperia team fix it please. 

4CYA
Visitor

Having WiFi problem for weeks now as well.

My phone works 100% on mobile data/LTE - but as soon as I turn on WiFi the phone freezes and becomes unresponsive - can only reset it - starts up with the 'tool triangle' - then I have to quickly turn off WiFi before it connects - then everything is fine again.. super annoying not to be able to use WiFi....

I've done the latest Pie9 updates (10 not available in our region yet) - ran various hardware diagnostic checks from the Playstore apps (no issues) - cleared the cache for all apps - still doesn't work..

Anybody have a fix for this PLEASE?

pressefr
Contributor

_20200330_214519.JPGThese are my setting. I turn off open network notification so it won't endless look for WiFi.

• A way to troubleshoot; try System > Reset Options > Reset Network Settings
  • make sure your "data saver" for wifi is off.
4CYA
Visitor

I appreciate the feedback - does resetting the network settings via System delete all your saved networks and mobile access point names and settings? 

I did do a restart in Safe Mode and it seems that then the WiFi works fine - turning my suspicions to it being an app that is causing the problem.. but now figuring out which app it is will be difficult..

Only recent one I recall loading before the problem started is TrueCaller - but I can't see how that will cause freezing when turning on WiFi..