Join now - be part of our community!

Signal strength on 10 Plus

Inchka
Visitor

Signal strength on 10 Plus

I have uk EE and Vodafone Sims in the 10 plus. The signal strength is always weak, and noticeably so compared to my old pixel 1, and even other HTC handsets I've used. It's so bad that I sometimes get no signal, and call drops when I had no issues in the past.

I've attached picture where I normally would have had full signal on both Sims.Screenshot_20190405-135149.png

10 REPLIES 10
mtmtppp
Visitor

I am using Vodafone and O2. I have the same problem, therefore, this is the problem arisen from Xperia 10 Plus. 

pressefr
Contributor

When I put in a new SIM I usually do this step:

Setting > Network & Internet > Internet Settings > Download MMS > Accept 

Updated:Screenshot_20190408-151041.png

Inchka
Visitor

Hi, thanks, but there is no network setting in settings. There's Network and Internet in Android settings, and no option to download mms settings there.

mtmtppp
Visitor

The setting does not affect to signal strength. This setting is used to set up APN to grab the signal, but we are brabing mobile network signal.

Our problem is the weakness of the signal.

mtmtppp
Visitor

I have 10Plus and XZ2premium. XZ2P has no problem about its signal strength (I inserted the SIM, which was used in 10plus).

mtmtppp
Visitor

I tried a EE SIM with 10plus and XZ2 premium at the same place. As I thought, 10plus has a weaker signal.

AndyCalling
Visitor

Can I check, are we all using the same app to measure strength? I'm new to Android so I'm guessing there's some app everyone uses? Please let me know which one. All I have to go on are the little bars at the top, which can't be used to compare between different models of phones or even different Android builds as the bars could mean anything. What's the go-to app everyone uses to compare signal strength with a standard measure? 

pressefr
Contributor

I am also coming from the Xperia XZ2 Premium to the Xperia 10 Plus. I do not notice any significant difference.

Perhaps by hardware.

But again I'm thinking troubleshooting the MMS or manual APN settings for your provider in your region.

XperiaSpeedCapture.JPG

pressefr
Contributor

A solution from a different post:

"developer options" and switched off the "mobile data - always on" option.

/t5/Xperia-10/No-connection-to-mobile-network/m-p/1370148?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&fi...