Join now - be part of our community!

SONY Xperia 10 III Notification rolles down when doing calls, and Screen insenstive to touch issues

profile.country.SE.title
dragontrumpetare
Explorer

SONY Xperia 10 III Notification rolles down when doing calls, and Screen insenstive to touch issues

Hi must ask the forum. Anyone els have these two issues with your Xperia 10 III?
1. When you're put the phone against your ear during calls, the notification curtain rolles down. For me it happsn all the time, even though my sensor that should prevent this from happening, works flawlessly.

2. I sometimes have to press several time to open up apps or links. Never had this issue on ANY SONY phone before. So this is a new one. have seen on other places other people have this issue, and just wanted to know if its a common issue, and maybe how to prevent it. Will a re-install of the device help the situation?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

1) I've encountered the same problem, the proximity sensor on the new Xperia -s seems to measure a very close and narrow area, and if you hold the phone to your ear during a call, you actually move the phone a little and then the proximity sensor turns on the screen and activates when you move the phone down a millimeter, the notification bar activates.

Watch this proximity sensor -s comparing video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Ey0mXMkmo

One solution is to press the power key during a call to turn off the screen.

2) Are You using screen protector? If yes, try without it.

Two new Xperia 1 ii phones have been compared with Xperia xz premium and as you can see the proximity sensor on xperia 1 ii phones are so aggressive and sensitive resulting the screen turning on and off constantly. The same problem happens when you're on a phone call or listening to voice msgs ...
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Try to do the ear proximity sensor and the display test from the support app just to make sure that they are OK.

Also, you can try testing both of the issues inside safe mode and check if the same thing will happen or not.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

The sensor is OK, the proximity sensor test is also successful.

And there is no difference when testing proximity sensor in safe mode.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Tbh, sometimes I face the same issue even with other phones. the thing is that the sensor is very sensitive and any slight movement that could happen while the device is on your ears, will make the screen activate.

As long as the test is fine and the same thing happen in safe mode, I guess this is just how it works.

profile.country.SE.title
dragontrumpetare
Explorer

This was interesting? But it's nice to know I'm not alone with this issue. I did reinstall my phone and it seemed to get better, but now it's all back again. I hope the new update maybe fix it.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

@dragontrumpetare 

Placebo effect, as software can't help hardware problems and I also can confirm, that latest firmware 62.0.A.9.11 does not fix the issue.