Join now - be part of our community!

When is Android 12 Coming to Sony Xperia 10 III

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

When is Android 12 Coming to Sony Xperia 10 III

Hi there the 1 III and 5 III have been getting their Android 12 updates. I'm wondering when the 10 III will start to get its update? I think it's unfair to send out Android 12 to the flagships first in all markets and then push it to the 10 III even though the 10 III was the first of the MK3 line to be released. I understand the flagships will get updates first but this is ridiculous now. Thanks so much. 

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
Preytheon

Be careful what you wish for.... they released Android12 for the Xperia 5 iii and it broke the Xperia launcher app - fortunately I managed to sideload an old 3rd party launcher APK that was stable enough for me to launch the Play store and load Smart Launcher...

Sony are just nuts: killing their own launcher is such a crazy own goal... it's forcing people onto a platform where the only remaining "Sony" part of the phones is the hardware...

See this thread for the Xperia 5 iii mess: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/5-series/xperia-5-iii-android-12-update-xperia-home-keeps-stopping/m...

They have a "fix", but I'd just recommend to load an alternative launcher before you even try, so you're ready to walk away from the Xperia one... 

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

I have read from a different communities, complaints, that Xperia is so bad, does not include this or that app anymore or this and that app is bad etc.

C'mon people, new phone is like new computer with preinstalled operating system, and  does include the basic software and instead of using notepad for writing and paint for design and instead of complaining forever, users install special software for their special needs.

Same with the phone, I can't imagine, that someone uses phone with preinstalled app -s, I personally use for every needs a custom app and so phone is just a hardware and I can get the same user experience with a different hardware.

profile.country.GB.title
scdonal97

The Pixel 6 has  been having issues being able to receive or make phone calls so I don't know that I would say that they have been having the best Android 12 experience ... . 😜

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I'm sure it's just a matter of time until they release the update that will solve this issue and I think they will still roll the update gradually on the devices to make sure how it will go with different models. Also, normally not all devices even with same model get the update at the same time depending on other external factors.

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Are you the same person on the sub Reddit page? If so we've met on multiple posts. Your pictures are unreal. Yes I am happy that the rollout has paused and hopefully we get a better experience. 

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Oh no I'm going to wait for a while to see if there has been improvements and fixes before attempting an update. I'll be keeping a close eye to the Sony sub Reddit. 

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Exactly I wish I could Kudo this like a million. Great comment. 

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Noway. Wow if Pixels are having issues there is no hope for the rest of us.

No when I said about the full experience I was referring to the themes. I've read that Sony doesn't include them in their Android 12. Which is one of the reasons why I was excited for Android 12 it has a KitKat kind of feel to it. More colourful and nice UI. 

profile.country.GB.title
scdonal97
profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Thanks for the link man. Very informative.