Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 cuts off

profile.country.GB.title
Cadest
New

Xperia 10 cuts off

Hi,

My Xperia 10 cuts off by the slightest knock. Even if I put it in my pocket upside down it will do it.

I need to hold the power button for 20 seconds to power it back up again. Very frustrating!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Cadest 

just to make sure that it isn't a software problem., can you boot your device to safe mode by long tapping power off option.,

if the problem still persist , it might be a loose connection inside, and it might need to be sent for service

profile.country.GB.title
Cadest
New

Hi.

Yes, can still boot into safe mode.

Even after update problem persists. I am with you with regards to thinking a loose connection inside. Also, my phone doesn't seem to like reconnecting to WiFi once connection is lost (like walking the dog) and then returning. I always need to restart phone when returning. Seems I have multiple issues going on 😭

profile.country.DE.title
Laerchen
New

Hey, I have a similar problem: Since the update to Android 12 59.2.A.0.463 my Xperia 10 II crashes as soon as it loses the connection to wifi. If I leave the wifi completely off, it no longer crashes. Bluetooth does not work anymore either. I hope for an update soon that fixes these problems.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @Cadest

did you try any troubleshooting steps for this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Cadest
New

Yes, but to no avail. Even done a fresh software installation just incase. Always had the Xperia's but am really disappointed with the way they are going. Might have to jump ship and try another well known brand 🤷

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Cadest, have you installed the software via Xperia companion? did it perform a factory data reset as well?