Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

Hi, is there any official statement about problems with 10 III screen? Many users report issues and mine also has faults at low brighness - green tint instead of grey (this is default black wallpaper) :

DSC_0725.JPG

Another example when dark part of the screen looks very bad with greenish gradients (some of them even flickers..) :

DSC_0723.JPG

64 REPLIES 64
Piscie
Community Team

Hello Ransho,

Have you tried to force restart your phone by holding the power and volume up keys at the same time?

-Piscie

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Hi Piscie,

I have done factory reset and it looks the same (simplest configuration without adding account etc.)

Ransho 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You can make sure that the display settings are on standard mode , like the colour gamut and contrast. Then go back one step and click on White balance - make sure that standard mode is selected and all colours are set to 0 %.

Also make sure that the colour inversion and colour correction options / features are switched off, from settings> accessibility> colour inversion & colour correction> switch them off.

AndreiAlexandru
Explorer

I have the exact same problem and tried everything and it still didn't work. For some reason, after a factory reset, everything worked fine, but I wanted to see if a reboot would bring the green tin back and it did. After that, a factory reset wouldn't solve the problem anymore. What's strange is that after browsing the internet on full brightness for like 15 minutes, the green tint seemed to disappear but unfortunately it came back like 5 seconds after. Most likely it is a software issue that (hopefully) will be solved in the nearest future.

profile.country.CZ.title
mantaraycz

Similar issue, a little bit better, luckily... In low light mostly, the display, when black, flicks in green tones like in the first post's pictures. Regardless of typing or not, so it's not triggered by touch layer.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to make sure that Display settings are on standard mode like the steps above?

profile.country.CZ.title
mantaraycz

Yes, accessibility turned off and all settings on default. The only thing I can try and see it turn off dark mode.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did it change anything when you disabled the dark mode?

profile.country.CZ.title
mantaraycz

No change without the dark mode. Any dark black space on the screen is flicking green.

Also, I e-mailed Sony support and they just said to get the phone serviced.