Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

Hi, is there any official statement about problems with 10 III screen? Many users report issues and mine also has faults at low brighness - green tint instead of grey (this is default black wallpaper) :

DSC_0725.JPG

Another example when dark part of the screen looks very bad with greenish gradients (some of them even flickers..) :

DSC_0723.JPG

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.GB.title
Lonewolf-noble6

Does anyone know if the software update ending in 70 sorted the green tint issue out or does it still persist 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When even a factory reset fails go to the support app on your phone, maybe do the display test with solid green, red, blue, white and black colours and then take up contact with Sony support from inside the support app.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I found some users with this issue reporting that after installing this update ( 62.0.A.3.70), the green tint issue was resolved, did any one got this system update?

profile.country.CZ.title
mantaraycz

I did get the update 62.0.A.3.70 and the green blinking is actually solved in my case. Pfew 🙂 

profile.country.GB.title
petarjovanovic
Explorer

Hello everyone, I'd like to share my experience too, as well as point out another issue.

The last software update seems to have solved the green tint/flickering in my case as well, however there is still a weird reddish tint in my case, and the OLED does not behave like a proper OLED - the blacks aren't really black, which can be seen at low brightness in a dim room, and dark parts of the screen will have those weird pixelated areas going on.

I've found that this can be fixed quite easily, but temporarily by downloading the Sony album app (can't be done via Google Play, has to be from a third-party source, because the Album app is not supported on the device), tapping on any image, and turning the brightness all the way up. Then, if you turn the brightness down, the blacks will be really black and the screen will look and behave as it should. However, there is a problem - this only holds true until the phone is turned off. As soon as you turn it off and launch it again, the issue will be back.

Now, this is clearly a software issue and not a hardware defect. Other users are reporting the same problem. Has anyone brought this to Sony's attention, and if not, how can that be done?

profile.country.CZ.title
RobSyr

Howdy everyone,

very recently I purchased Xperia 10 iii and noticed the screen isuess right away (greenish / grayish tint). I'm currently running version 62.0.A.3.70 and this bug is persistent. Some actions suggested by users in this thread do help to get rid of this issue however only temporarily. Now I would like to ask if Sony already acknowledged this problem and is working on a fix? If so how long could this possibly take? Because as of right now I am starting to think about returning my device.

Thanks for any info

RS

profile.country.ES.title
666alvaro
Explorer

A mí también se me apaga la pantalla cuando menos lo esperas .No lo sé , pero debe ser problema de software?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ petarjovanovic,

Yes Sony is aware of the issue and that is why they released this software version 62.0.A.3.70 to solve the issue, and it did actually for many people who were facing the same issue.

Did you try to report this to Sony if you already have the new software version but still facing the issue?

profile.country.CZ.title
RobSyr

Hi @EMS_MO72,

I am currently running on the mentioned version (62.0.A.3.70 with "release-keys" written right behind it - never seen that actually, what does it mean?) and I am still facing the green tint issue.

What is the most efficient way to contact Sony in this scenario? I already did that but it was a local czech divison or whatever and they just said factory reset the phone or send it for replacement. However I do still believe that this problem is software related.

profile.country.GB.title
petarjovanovic
Explorer

Hello there @EMS_MO72,

As I've said, the update did solve the bulk of the issue - the absolutely horrendous green tint and flickering are gone for the majority of people. However, the screen still does not behave exactly as it should. Not to sound rude, but I feel like I have already explained the issue in enough detail, and it would be pointless for me to just copy and paste what I've already said.

Many other users are experiencing what I am, and I've seen this on several other forums on the internet. I would very much love to report this to a relevant Sony division, but I am not sure exactly what steps I would need to take in order to do that. I would very much appreciate it if you could provide me with a guideline here.