Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

Hi, is there any official statement about problems with 10 III screen? Many users report issues and mine also has faults at low brighness - green tint instead of grey (this is default black wallpaper) :

DSC_0725.JPG

Another example when dark part of the screen looks very bad with greenish gradients (some of them even flickers..) :

DSC_0723.JPG

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

62.0.A.3.109 is out, does it fix it or not?

profile.country.GB.title
petarjovanovic
Explorer

In my case, the new update brought not only a lack of improvements, but the green tint has actually come back stronger than ever! Unbelievable. 

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

profile.country.GB.title
petarjovanovic
Explorer

Quite strange. Oh well. It's not the end of the world, and I can just hope for an improvement in the future. Maybe the next Android update will take care of it.

profile.country.CZ.title
RobSyr

Installed 62.0.A.3.109 this morning and haven't noticed any improvement regarding the green tint issue. The temporary workaround / fix still works tho, which leads me to believe it is a software issue.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

I don't think that Android major version upgrade fixes it, as it's hardware/driver issue. Similar green tint issue was also with with many other manufactures, like Samsung, OnePlus etc. Actually, almost every brand new phone does include some problems, but software issues will be fixed sooner or later. So let's hope the best.

profile.country.GB.title
petarjovanovic
Explorer

It's certainly not irreparably faulty hardware, otherwise it couldn't be fixed even temporarily. We've concluded that fooling around with the settings can resolve the issue until the phone is locked, so this really seems like something which can be fixed without having to replace the devices themselves.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

As software is same for all (at least for the specific model), but not all users are having green tint issue, then it must be hardware related, probably display -s are manufactured in different places or just some or a batch is problematic. If so, then Sony won't or cant fix the software just for the some and just replaces the device.

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

I'm one of the people with a handset unaffected by this issue. I cant reproduce it no matter what I alter in settings etc. As you rightly say, it could be a hardware variation issue even down to a specific batch of faulty components. If that's the case I think the only likely solution is a handset swap.

On the other hand, it *could* possibly be a software issue, I wonder whether its worth comparing which apps we have installed or in the case of preinstalled apps which ones we have enabled / disabled between my handset and others just in case that's where the problem lies. I think it's worth a shot...

In my case I have a habit of disabling built in apps I dont have a use for. The following are disabled:

Android Auto

Digital Wellbeing

Facebook

Google (I don't use the assistant)

LinkedIn

One other point...I don't use the standard launcher. I use the Microsoft Launcher available here .

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

What is Your phone exact model?