Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

Hi, is there any official statement about problems with 10 III screen? Many users report issues and mine also has faults at low brighness - green tint instead of grey (this is default black wallpaper) :

DSC_0725.JPG

Another example when dark part of the screen looks very bad with greenish gradients (some of them even flickers..) :

DSC_0723.JPG

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

XQ - BT52

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

From XDA ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/green-tint-on-oled.4289057/page-2#post-85503461 ), user with same model, have the green tint issue and phone info is:

Phone Software Version: 62.0.A.3.109 GLOBALEEA-A2 - user
S1 Boot Version: 1322-1665_X_Boot_SM6350_LA2.0_R_49
ETS Software Version: Unknown
Sony Product Code: 43040213
Customer ID: c999999
Type Number: PM-1350-BV
Color ID: 126

Other user wrote - "Maybe it depends on the software region. Mine is EEA and the problem is there. Someone may ask this user what region he/she has?"

So please use phone dialer and code *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) and let us know Your phone information?

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

Screenshot_20210820-141156.png

 Here's mine.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

From XDA:

One user - "I flashed the O2 firmware but the screen is still green. I have no idea what this could be about. I think Sony has a problem fixing it."

Second user - "I'm still not entirely convinced that the issue doesn't occur in some units. I get the feeling that some people just don't notice it. Given how widespread the issue appears to be, and considering some people have replaced their devices and saw no improvement at all.
Could you please go to a completely dark room with your phone and visit https://www.lightbleedtest.com/ just to make really sure? After you tap "Click Here", you should no longer be able to see the screen, like *at all*, regardless of the screen brightness set. Can you confirm that's the case?
And while at it, does your phone also say "HQ-BT52" on the back?"

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

Mine is, indeed, completely black and cannot be seen.

profile.country.CZ.title
RobSyr

Cross-post from XDA forums:

A reddit user with XQ-BT52 from Finland is also experiencing this issue. He followed thru all the steps recommened by Sony customer support and sent his phone for replacement. 

Today he wrote, i quote: "Got my Xperia 10 III from repair today. They replaced the screen and updated the software. Did not resolve the tint problem. There was an system update when I started the phone (version 62.0.A.3.109) and that did not also resolve the issue. Sent an email about it to my countrys customer support."

Interestingly enough previously he didn't manage to do the temporary fix trick but now with the replaced screen he is able to pull it off.

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

My apologies @mksuuk I didnt answer your post fully,

My handset does indeed have XQ - BT52 on the back, in feint print right at the bottom. Although i'm not sure why this is relevant?

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

Thanks anyway.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

Thanks, actually I have plan to purchase Xperia 10 III in next month, so proactively I sent question about display green issue with quotes and links to that issue and will do it until I get specific answer, will they fix it and if yes, then when.

However I urge you all to contact Sony support and complain, the more we act, the bigger change may be the fact that Sony can't deny issue and must do something -

However I urge you all to contact Sony support and complain, the more we act, the bigger change may be the fact that Sony can't deny issue and must do something - ( https://services.sony.ee/supportMVC/en/Contact/Email?Cat=mobile ).

profile.country.PL.title
hydofor
Explorer

I also have the green tint issue and I have HQ-BT52 at the back of my phone. I contacted the support but received the standard reply (check if your software is up to date etc.)