Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

profile.country.PL.title
Ransho
New

Xperia 10 III - Awful green tint and flickering

Hi, is there any official statement about problems with 10 III screen? Many users report issues and mine also has faults at low brighness - green tint instead of grey (this is default black wallpaper) :

DSC_0725.JPG

Another example when dark part of the screen looks very bad with greenish gradients (some of them even flickers..) :

DSC_0723.JPG

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

From what I've heard they're working on it.

As always in case of problems.

- backup

- use Xperia Companion to do a software repair.

- test with a clean install before restoring the backup.

- report the results

profile.country.GB.title
SpitfireMk

I have observed that the screen tint seems to appear on my device when the brightness is very low.

Yesterday I watched a B&W movie and I noticed that the background was not truly black but greenish and the brightness was nearly at the minimum possible level. I boosted the brightness to the max and the green completely disappeared, achieving true blacks. Then I reduced the brightness to the middle setting and the green tint didn't come back.

It is not a big issue for me but I hope Sony gives a solution at least for the users that are more affected by this.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I do believe that Sony is aware of this issue. Have anyone contacted them directly about this and got any final solution ?

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

I have contacted and got reply:

"It seems like its a software issue and that it will be solved in the future (no release date) via an update.
The temporary fix is to increase the brightness of the screen."

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Well, I contacted them as well to check if there is any update on that and will let you know if I got any update from them.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

Copy/paste from Gsmarena ( https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_10_iii-reviews-10698.php ) anonymous user message:

"Email from Sony today.

Thank you for contacting Sony support.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
With reference to your enquiry regarding the display issue on the Xperia 10 III, please be informed that after investigating a number of cases related to this issue; we can advise that as a workaround you may turn on th brightness to the highest level.

We can also confirm that Sony engineers have identified the root cause, and they will implement a fix in an upcoming software update, which will be released very shortly as it is a software glitch not a harware issue.

We express our apologies for the inconvenience caused and hope you wait for a little while longer until the software fix gets implemented."

profile.country.GB.title
RedX10

That email you got from GSMArena was my post.

I kept it short and sweet for other Sony users , but I don't like GSMArena because it's full of people just wanting to troll.

profile.country.GB.title
RedX10

Screenshot_20210920-125722~2.png

profile.country.GB.title
SpitfireMk

After some emails and troubleshooting with the support team, I have received a similar answer as well, that this is a software issue that will be fixed in a software update.

I have to say that I'm honestly impressed by Sony. I think this is the first time in my life that a brand has reached out to me after complaining in a forum about a problem 😂

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

After launch, since day one users are complained in forums and directly to Sony about the screen issue. Some users have directly pointed out what software causes it and how to fix it. Also camera is a problematic, camera takes too long to focus and photos quality is bad, and again, it's not the hardware, but software issue.

And now we all know, that Sony knows the problems and half year later Sony hasn't done anything to fix these issues and Sony -s new tactic is just to copy/paste same message to every complaint - "We're sorry to hear that it's still not solved yet but it will be solved with a software update. Unfortunately I don't have an estimated date on when this update will be available. As a temporary solution a user that has this phenomenon can increase the screen brightness."

Meanwhile Sony released 3 software updates but screen issue is still not fixed. So brand new phone users must install custom ROM to use phone to way as it should be used.

I find this to be totally unacceptable. What kind of company treats it's customers with such disrespect?