Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III camera shutter lag (take photo ca 3sec after pressing shutter)

Rene_2021
New

Xperia 10 III camera shutter lag (take photo ca 3sec after pressing shutter)

I Bought a Xperia 10 III (comming from Xperia XA1 with Android 7)

The phone is uptodate with Android 11, version 62.0.A.3.70 release keys)and i got this issue from day one.

When i try to take a photo, i can  seen the image is in focus and then i press the shutter (round shutter on screen or volume bottoms)

Then a green "focus" screen appear and after ca 3 sec the phone takes the picture..

This means 99% of my pictures is worthless, because i need to hold the phone still for at least 4 sec before it takes the picture..

On my Xperia XA1 when i press the shutter, it takes the picture right away.. no lag.

The camera is the one supplied with the phone (Camera version 2.7.A.0.47)
Tried the followering to trouble shoot.
-In safe mode, same issue
-Tried manuel camera mode, same issue
-Tried touching the screen to make a focus point, same issue.

Found some old Sony thread regarding Android 10 on Xperia, there they got the same issue after updating til android 10, so i think it related to the software Sony provide to their phones..

5 REPLIES 5
Piscie
Community Team

Hey Rene, try to clear the Camera's cached data from the phone settings, also try to uninstall its updates ( Settings - Apps & Notifications - Camera - Tap the three vertical dots on the top right - Select Uninstall Updates )

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

More than one year me and my friends were updating issues with 10 & 10II devices with nothing really solved and  time is repeating itself by 10 III (no one did nothing in here but analyzing my written English!) and Sony now with another crap decision:

Dear Customer,

As a valued customer, we wanted to let you know that  Sony Mobile Communications AB (“Sony Mobile”) is transferring its business to Sony Europe BV - another company in the Sony group.

Sony Mobile is closing its customer database as part of this business transfer, and we want to make sure you don’t miss out in the process.

Simply click here to convert your account by following the instructions.

Once your account has been converted, we can make sure you are still the first to hear our latest news, including exciting new product releases, useful information to help you maximise the product/s you own, and all our latest offers and promotions.

Of course, if you do not wish to continue hearing from Sony Mobile, you can easily unsubscribe from our emails any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email.

Thanks,
Your Sony Mobile team

When this all this BS will stop SONY and make.real.facts.improvements??!!

10II is still unsolved (check all our 10II tests!)...

Lame...

Tags (1)
profile.country.SE.title
kingbrief
New

Have the same issue, brand new Xperia 10 iii and the camera is really sluggish..

Got a similiar reply from support to clear cache etc. On a brand new phone, really..

Anyway, nothing works and since it's the same in safe mode it shouldn't be a 3rd party software either but rather Android related.

Would really like some help with this issue as it ruins everything with a new phone.

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

It's sad...

The only way is to adapt Open camera and Hedge Camera 2 to its api2 for your liking. Otherwise, stock camera it's the crappiest ever made and tested...

profile.country.GB.title
SpitfireMk

For me the camera app is often very sluggish as well.