Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III does not react to magnet correctly

Rene_2021
New

Xperia 10 III does not react to magnet correctly

For my Xperia 10 III i bought this flip cover, because sony is not providing a flip cover

https://www.duxducis.com/skin-pro-series-case-for-sony-xperia-10-iii/

It a cover with magnet, not smart cover with NFC.

When i close the cover, the screen does not go to "sleep"/lock screen, just keeps being touch active..

But when i flip the front all the way to the back, in like 40% of the time, the screen goes black and to react to touch, i can feel the front cover i held in place by magnets, when releasing the front cover from the back.
When i release the front cover, the screen turn ON in Locked screen.. just as it could when the cover is on the screen.

Tried taking the phone out of the cover and holding the front cover the back of my phone and the phone locks the screen.. if i do the same to the front of my phone, the screen does NOT turn off.. i can feel the magnetic is give some resistans when holding to the front of the phone, but the screen/phone does not react.

I contacted the retailer where i bought the cover (they only got a webshop), the cover manufacture and the manufacture of the screenprotection.

The manufactures denies any issues with their product (the screenprotection is cover friendly) and the cover could not have any issues even with screen protection.

I can make an RMA of the cover, but delevery cost and if they cant find any "issues" im need to pay return delevery cost again..

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe Sony won't do much regarding this if you reported the issue to them because the cover is not a Sony one.

As per their advise on this matter before, they can't guarantee the functionality or the compatibility of any third party products with their phones and if the phone is working fine with one of their covers, then it is not the phone issue.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I used to buy flip covers and slide a magnet inside on the right spot.

As far as I remember the magnet sensor is sensitive for the proper side of the magnet.

So turn the magnet or test with the outside of the flip cover to check.