Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 Walkman search bar is not working after Android 10 update

profile.country.GB.title
stickface97
New

Xperia 10 Walkman search bar is not working after Android 10 update

Hi everyone. I need help for my Walkman music app. Today I installed the latest Android update version 10. And after the updated when I open Walkman and type in the search bar to look for song or artist it says  ,, No results found ". I can find all my songs from the drop down menu and press ,, Songs " but I cant search them by typing.  

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Everything starts with some testing.

You might consider to uninstall the app, restart the device and reinstall it.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Isn't it now "Music", as they changed the name years ago>?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonyericsson.music

Far better off with something that actually uses its own audio engine, like Poweramp Music Player, or Neutron, rather than piggybacking on Androids lacklustre sound engine.

Both do what Music/Walkman did, but a whole lot more.

profile.country.GB.title
stickface97
New

Yes the app is called Music. I know there are other music players I can download but I got used to the Sony official player. I even tryed to uninstall the app and install again. I installed 2 different versions and still got the problem which occurred after the Android update from 9 to version 10.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When you're using the Sony music app then you can test by restarting in Safe Mode.

Open the Support app on your device to learn howto.

Preinstalled apps like Music are present in safe mode.

Self installed apps (which sometimes can interfere) will not load in safe mode.

When everything runs smooth in safe mode you'll know you have to inspect your apps for misbehaving.

profile.country.GB.title
stickface97
New

Thank you for the response Stampke. I will try in Safe Mod and let you know if the problem is resolved.