Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X10 Plus Missing Gyroscope

pressefr
Contributor

Xperia X10 Plus Missing Gyroscope

Xperia X10 Plus is missing the Gyroscope, again.

I want this phone, but it's important for games and navigation.

The previous Xperia XA2 Ultra; when traveling, the compass is a bit messed up. You have to start walking, but when you're at a corner, in a dense city walking back and forth is exhausting!

With game performance; Sniping with a device with the gyroscope is a big advantage on PUBG!

3 REPLIES 3
Sanche101
Visitor

10 plus - suitable only for children. Or make a great mp3 player.

pressefr
Contributor

@Sanche101 wrote:

10 plus - suitable only for children. Or make a great mp3 player.

What, it's not only a child's phone, but on the other end, you can't deny then purchasing power of kids. Sure it makes sense to scalp on gyroscope on earlier mid-range devices, but now where the mid-range chipset speeds are matching the game mechanics. The phone can seem more desirable than competitors. It's been a long stretch since they've taken it out; The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra (2014), mid-ranger had gyro. After the Xperia C5 Ultra (2015) they removed the gyro, then XA Ultra, XA1 Ultra, XA2 Ultra, Xperia 10 Plus (2019). 2015-2019 space of no gyro for mid-range is a bit long, 4 years later it hasn't come back.

Little kids are playing PUBG and Fortnite is a big thing. About 3.9 million kids turned 18 in American in 2017. A little bit more than 4 Million will turn 18 in 2019. It is a huge market that mobile carriers understand. Sony finally gets buyers in Best Buy (the latter half of Z5 and start of the XA line) along with Mobile Carriers all around France and Europe, and US carrier Verizon newly has picked up their phones. What makes a kid not choose this phone. Uhh, I won't have the advantage with gyro for a snip shot.

I think no parent in their right mind is going to give them a Xperia 1. The easy answer is some other brand. Hello, Sony, Wakeup call.

The Chinese market is obsessed with PUBG! That's why they get will get the better RAM. The GDP there, they will not buy the Xperia 1. They don't buy flagships, because it's too expensive. The average wage for one month is too low (with 16% inflation).

For the price of Xperia 1, I can just get a ROG Phone Gaming + Accessories. Xperia 1 still hasn't try to go for that 90Hz Motionflow display.

I'm knocking on it really hard, but I am going to buy the Xperia 10 Plus, I already pre-ordered it. It's dumb to not have gyro in so many levels. Then I will wait for 6mo after the Xperia 1 release for the market price to be sensible.

pressefr
Contributor

Thinking back, Sony should have added a full 9-axis gyroscope to their mid-range devices after the release of Pokémon Go in 2016. Kinda grinding against the Japanese wave of technology and gaming business.