Join now - be part of our community!

Can't connect bluetooth to various bt items.

profile.country.NO.title
Haakon8484
Explorer

Can't connect bluetooth to various bt items.

Ever since Xperia XZ1 Compact I've had some trouble with certain bt units. It's been a problem on XZ1 Compact, XZ2 Compact and now 5 MKII.

I have a few units that my phone can't connect to via bt. I have no trouble connecting to these units with my Samsung A6 at all. Also my phone (5 MKII) connects fine to "everything" else via bt. I have speakers, a SHIELD TV, my car audio system and so on. Everything works fine. But those few units I can't connect to at all.

Unit 1: Line6 AmplifiTT. I can't seem to find it in "discover new units" at all. The AmplifiTT goes into pairing mode but nothing. Connects and works just fine on my Samsung A6.

Unit 2: Positive Grid Spark Smart Amplifier. I can find the devices two bt radios  (one for playing music, the other for the actual unit) AND I can connect to them with my phone. However I can't connect to the amplifier when I start the app (Spark Amp) on my phone. Just says no device found and that's where it stays. Again, on my Samsung A6 this works just fine. Connect to the audio bt, then start the app and press play. No trouble at all with the A6.

Unit 3: SG light components. There's a lighting manifacturer here in Norway called SG Armaturen. They make switches and dimmers that connects  to bt via an app. On my 5 MKII bt menu I can't even find the dimmer I mounted at all. The app from SG finds no devices either. Scanning with my Samsung A6 both found the device and connected just fine via the app.

Unit 4: Easyway E9 electric kickbike. My phone (5 MKII) finds the unit in bt-devices when scanning for new devices, but when I press the kickbike to connect, the kickbike switches on its bt-symbol then 2 seconds later it disconnects and the bt light goes off. Using the app I can't connect to anything and just says can't find device. With my Samsung A6 I simply connected with no trouble and app works fine.

So why? This is clearly a Sony problem. I am having the same problem with all three phones here, so there has to be some kind of error that has followed Sony phones for a while now. I've tried resetting phones, I've tried resetting network settings. I've tried a few other phones as well, a Samsung S10 and a Huawei P30 pro. Both phones connect fine to the 4 units.

Anyone else struggling with this?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Have any of these devices reached their max BT pairing amount?

I know I had trouble with my head unit and earphones once with a new device but eventually figured out I needed to reset them to allow new pairings

profile.country.NO.title
Haakon8484
Explorer

I tried pairing all these items to my phone without success. Then successfully paired them to my Samsung A6 with no trouble afterwards. I do believe that answers your question. Items would not have paired to the A6 if they were at their max BT pairing amount.

Also reset all three phones AND reset network settings with no luck.

profile.country.GB.title
Tizer1

If I remember correctly when the XZ phones came out some people were having lots of problems with Bluetooth and the work around was the go into Developer Options and change the Bluetooth AVRCP Version from 1.6 to 1.5 or 1.4.

I have no idea if that will work for your problem or not.

profile.country.NO.title
Haakon8484
Explorer

Hey. I did try to change these but no change.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to clear cache and data and force stop for the Bluetooth?

You can also try to connect in safe mode and check if it will work or not ?