Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

DeepShip
Visitor

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

I hold my xperia 5 on my left hand, and is a mission to register m y left hand finger, and when it does it just work like 50 of times.

Is this a phone quality issues or am I doing sth wrong?

62 REPLIES 62
profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Today my fingerprint scanner don't even work... It works only when I clean it very good but then it works only for one scan... Then I need to clean it again. Now it doesn't work even for banking apps.... The basic functionality should work perfect!  😞 I'm so disappointed

And now even when I try to register new fingerprint it doesn't read any, don't even vibrate and nothing happens when I put thumb on reader ...XO

I've never had such problems on previous phones like xz2 compact, X compact or z5 compact...

The problems started from last Thursday after newest update

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Do you guys having the same problem with FP scanner?

dawetygrik
Visitor

I do have FP issue also. It was fine till  the last week. I dont know what exactly happen, but the last week I almost can´t unlock the screen with FP. Mission impossible. Issue persist in bank app also. When FP test run the result is non registereg finger print detected. Obviously the FP detect finger on it, but not able to read it. I have registered 5 fingers, then deleted, registered again with no change. In the same moment when I unlock XZ3 there is no problem... Any update issue? Looks like SW issue, because it wasn that bad till the last week.

Z5thebest
Visitor

Soooo... Anybody from Sony willing to reply?

DeepShip
Visitor

I tried below:

1. Multiple register on same finger – still very non-sensitive, beside setting it up is a mission.
  2. Banking app – I log on and off 5 time, all worked on the first go. (I try to leave an pick up my phone again)

I now use my watch to unlock it now, it just too much effort to try 5 time fail and then you need to type you password, for every time I try to unlock my phone.

dawetygrik
Visitor

I also used all FP position to scan one finger. The best scanned finger tip in the whole EU 😄 I guess. It was a pain to acomplish. Now I do have sort of chance to unlock the phone. Beside it I realized, that couple of the times I just pushed the power button, and phone has "To may tryies" note already on display even before I did my first try... Definitely something went wrong. If this will be HW issue I promise this was my last Xperia (P, Z1 Compact, XZ, XZ3, 5). Definitely. 

Senseishodeluxe
Visitor

Hi, 

I got my xperia 5 few weeks ago. At the beginning the sensor works fine, not as good as on my Xz1 or Xz3... But is was ok. 

Then a few days ago sometime during the last week the sensor starts to get unreliable.

First i got message "not recognized" very often.

Then it began to throw the message "Could'nt process fingerprint... " more and more. 

I hope its a software issue, so this can be fixed. If not i have to say sadly that this is my last xperia. 

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I'm using face unlock and smart lock with connected devices and sometimes fingerprint scanner but before I use it I need to clean the scanner first - sometimes I slide my thumb with pressure to clean on the scanner and then I just put the thumb to scan.

cola
Visitor

I also have issues with the FP. When it works, which it does 95% of the time, it works just fine, on pair with my previous XZ1.

But sometimes it does not even register a finger, no "Couldn't read fingerprint' or "You tried too many times', just dead silence when trying to scan the finger. It's like the sensor is off.

This happens both when unlocking and in apps. After unlocking with PIN and then locking the screen the FP works fine on the next unlock. Fingerpint sensor test always works even if I had to unlock using PIN.

Yekollu
Contributor

Definitely not a HW issue, my banking apps work fine..... Now that Xperia Actions, sony email apps are gone, if they do not fix this issue this is also going to be my last Xperia (Z1, Z3, Z3+, XZ1c, XZ2c, now 5)