Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

DeepShip
Visitor

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

I hold my xperia 5 on my left hand, and is a mission to register m y left hand finger, and when it does it just work like 50 of times.

Is this a phone quality issues or am I doing sth wrong?

62 REPLIES 62
Morto
Visitor

So here's an interesting thing, it seems as though the issue is being exaserbated by temperature and moisture. I've noticed over the past week that when i've been outside or in a cooler environment the scanner has worked as it did when I first got he phone. No issues, unlocks immediately. Indoors, particularly when it's warm it fails. Now I know that moisture etc. affect these scanners but it's almost as htough an update has made the scanner on the 5 much more sensetive. Before anyone guesses that my issue is purely down to sweaty fingers and thumbs, i was using the scanner fine for over a month both indoors and out (my office is particularly warm) wihtou issue.

Jrnr
Visitor

The issue is with Android 10, probably Sony could fix it via a update

ply17410
Visitor

Just a suggestion ... anyone jumping in on this be sure to access your phone's service menu and report what it says for the fingerprint sensor with your post.  

Phone Dialer,    *#*#7378423#*#*

Bob H

mdanger217
Visitor

I've got the exact same issue.

Fingerprint reader has been working fine since purchase - middle of Nov. Annoyingly this is my second Xperia 5 as the first had to be returned because... of a faulty fingerprint scanner.

I thought I was past this issue with the replacement device but it's just happened again today. Sony really need to get their act together. Both this time and before when it failed on my other phone, it says Sensor not OK in the service settings. I'm going back to the place I bought it from as soon as they are open to return it again.

Updated to Android 10 about two weeks ago but don't think that is part of the problem. I think they have a bunch of defective sensors that break after a month.

Screenshot_20200101-001946.png

mdanger217
Visitor

I don't think I am allowed to post images yet as it failed to upload the screenshot. Here's a onedrive link to the screenshot of the service menu:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AopH3UYuq7cTg6gBz800nfG2o-ODIA?e=S9teRf

Jrnr
Visitor

Sensor was ok on Android 9 

After updating it says not OK.

Sy7ygy
Visitor

Bump.

I don't own a Xperia 5; but it looks to share the same sensor as the Xperia 1.

I'm bumping for a response from Sony, I suggest we all do the same.

I've also noticed that the forum is transitioning to a new forum - I fear these threads will be lost.

ply17410
Visitor

I can't believe they are also regionalizing the forums.  Crafty way to keep us all in the dark from what is going on worldwide.  This sort of problem will get completely lost.  Slightly_frowning_Face

Morto
Visitor

Sent my 5 back last week, no idea how long it takes it be replaced/repaired and at the moment i'm using my crappy old work Samsung J5. Still not seeing any official commuincue from Sony about this depsite it obviously being a common issue.

Morto
Visitor

Just got my phone back. Screen protector removed (no replacment provided) and the sponge pad whihc protected the screen in the box was also missing (box received without any bubble wrap or protection). Fix notes really poor in detail and NO hardware alteration at all. Fingerprint scanner ALREADY hit and miss. GOOD WORK SONY!